• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Requesting Prayers for my Wife (updated 2023 - see p. 78)

Such great news, Elwood. It's so good that Steph is home where you can take care of her. Heck Maverick will probably give her more comfort than she's received in months.

You've shown you have the love, courage, determination and strength to do what needs done now that Steph is home. Our prayers will help you see your way through.

May the Lord's blessings fall on Steph, you and Maverick.

STEPHANIE IS HOME!!! HALLELUJAH!!!

There will definitely be challenges, and I was seriously concerned last night about being able to address Steph's health issues. But once it became clear that Steph was coming home, her mood changed immensely -- to the extent that her state of health actually improved! She is in such a better mood... and it was great for her to see Maverick (and for Mavi to see her). It was seriously like a penitentiary inmate being pardoned and released! (she was being treated like an inmate by most of the staff).

Awesome!

Great news.

There will definitely be challenges, and I was seriously concerned last night about being able to address Steph's health issues. But once it became clear that Steph was coming home, her mood changed immensely -- to the extent that her state of health actually improved! She is in such a better mood... and it was great for her to see Maverick (and for Mavi to see her). It was seriously like a penitentiary inmate being pardoned and released! (she was being treated like an inmate by most of the staff).
Fantastic! Your strength prevailed. Keep it up. We are with you.

Great news EVK!

EVK---the care that you are and will give to Steph will be, "the most difficult work that you have ever done," but the most rewarding! I took care of 4 disabled family members in NE--my mom was totally bedfast for the last year of her life. Her MD told us, "if I hadn't taken care of her and she went to a nsg. home, she wouldn't have lasted 30 days." Keep the faith; keep up the yeoman's work and, never lose heart--we at Husker Nation are all pulling for you and Steph!

Asking for prayers for Steph (again). This time it's due to abdominal pains... Went to see her primary Dr. on Monday (a 2+ hour comprehensive appt.) -- one item was to remove her PEG. Unfortunately it wouldn't pull out easily and smoothly like the YouTube videos... tugged 3 or 4 times before she said we need to get the surgeon who installed it involved. So we have an appointment with him tomorrow (hour ride via van or ambulance -- TBD tomorrow). So she's had increasing pain in the area; hoping no serious damage was done. Today when I flushed the tube with water, it was painful for Steph (which has never happened before). It's become painful for her to roll to either side, which is a significant setback in her recovery. Praying we can get some resolution and relief tomorrow (Thursday).

Thanks

EVK---the care that you are and will give to Steph will be, "the most difficult work that you have ever done," but the most rewarding! I took care of 4 disabled family members in NE--my mom was totally bedfast for the last year of her life. Her MD told us, "if I hadn't taken care of her and she went to a nsg. home, she wouldn't have lasted 30 days." Keep the faith; keep up the yeoman's work and, never lose heart--we at Husker Nation are all pulling for you and Steph!
God bless you. I can relate to the nursing home comment. This whole experience makes me want to open a string of nursing homes / rehab facilities / acute care facilities ... that actually CARE for patients. That's what I'll do with my imaginary lottery winnings...
So many atrocities and absolutely criminal acts. I know health care workers are burnt out / strung out because of Covid, but the absolute neglect and anti-care that some are giving is just egregious.

S Spa Day 79_1.jpg

Steph's "spa day" with her twin and our nieces

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back