• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Requesting Prayers for my Wife (updated 2023 - see p. 78)

Steph is requesting prayers: For her PT session in the morning (1000 ~ 1200 EST), that she would be able to get through it without getting sick, and without experiencing the other digestive issues she’s had. She still is not getting the proper attention for all the ancillary issues that are keeping her from being at her best for PT. Please pray that (according to God’s will) the staff is more attentive to her total plan of care. Thanks!
I pray that steph has a great day of pt ....... I would suggest my wife’s technique ...... she just denies she is sick (she is stubborn as heck) ....it works for her.
I also pray for the staff responsible for the care of your wife. Give them patience and attentiveness doing the right thing. Sending my love

Steph is requesting prayers: For her PT session in the morning (1000 ~ 1200 EST), that she would be able to get through it without getting sick, and without experiencing the other digestive issues she’s had. She still is not getting the proper attention for all the ancillary issues that are keeping her from being at her best for PT. Please pray that (according to God’s will) the staff is more attentive to her total plan of care. Thanks!
Almighty God, we ask you to give Steph someone in PT that is attentive to her needs and that she has a great session tomorrow. Amen

Refiring the digestive track thats hardly been challenged is like muscles not used.
My prayers are for you both.

God bless you two

Update: THANKS for praying! Steph made it through "most" of her PT this morning, though she did get sick at the end. Frustrating that the PTs and nurses don't communicate well with each other -- a little more effort would go a long way and make the difference between effective care and setbacks. But I did speak with a couple administrators today; between me and Steph stating her case, maybe we're making a little progress...

Update: THANKS for praying! Steph made it through "most" of her PT this morning, though she did get sick at the end. Frustrating that the PTs and nurses don't communicate well with each other -- a little more effort would go a long way and make the difference between effective care and setbacks. But I did speak with a couple administrators today; between me and Steph stating her case, maybe we're making a little progress...
Yes, towards the end, great effort and strength!
Keep her smiling EVK and bless you two

Praying for that little progress to be the doors swinging wide open for Steph to get all she needs! Standing with you and Steph!

Last edited:

STEPHANIE STOOD TODAY! (Yes, it was with a lot of assistance -- 2 people helped her up and then she was "holding on to the bar for dear life") It's been exactly THREE MONTHS since the last time she stood! And she didn't get sick today either, and finished almost all of her supper.

I thought I should share the GREAT news first. In other news, we are finding out that the facility / admin are pulling shenanigans -- with Steph's care and with insurance. Lying to us... All we want is proper care / therapy for Steph -- and communication -- but we are getting lies and cover-ups. We were supposed to have a care planning meeting today, but (probably due to me pushing the administrator for action) instead we got ambushed by the case worker saying that insurance wants her released next Wednesday. This, according to rehab, is "because she hasn't made sufficient progress". So we were on a call with insurance for almost 2 hours -- and the stories aren't adding up.

So we are REQUESTING PRAYERS!
1. That Steph is able to get the proper care that she needs (home care would be a huge challenge at this point; in spite of their failures, the PT in acute rehab is her best chance of improvement at this point).
2. That the staff doesn't retaliate against Steph for our fighting for her.
3. That God would make clear the best paths for us to take regarding next steps (legal, etc.)

STEPHANIE STOOD TODAY! (Yes, it was with a lot of assistance -- 2 people helped her up and then she was "holding on to the bar for dear life") It's been exactly THREE MONTHS since the last time she stood! And she didn't get sick today either, and finished almost all of her supper.

Great news, Elwood. :Mfclap:

In other news, we are finding out that the facility / admin are pulling shenanigans -- with Steph's care and with insurance. Lying to us... All we want is proper care / therapy for Steph -- and communication -- but we are getting lies and cover-ups. We were supposed to have a care planning meeting today, but (probably due to me pushing the administrator for action) instead we got ambushed by the case worker saying that insurance wants her released next Wednesday. This, according to rehab, is "because she hasn't made sufficient progress". So we were on a call with insurance for almost 2 hours -- and the stories aren't adding up.

It's just wrong that organizations pull these shenanigans. I hope this gets straightened out the right way. :Frown:

We'll keep the prayers coming in the hope of your and Steph's success. :nod:

I thought I should share the GREAT news first. In other news, we are finding out that the facility / admin are pulling shenanigans -- with Steph's care and with insurance. Lying to us... All we want is proper care / therapy for Steph -- and communication -- but we are getting lies and cover-ups. We were supposed to have a care planning meeting today, but (probably due to me pushing the administrator for action) instead we got ambushed by the case worker saying that insurance wants her released next Wednesday. This, according to rehab, is "because she hasn't made sufficient progress". So we were on a call with insurance for almost 2 hours -- and the stories aren't adding up.

1. That Steph is able to get the proper care that she needs (home care would be a huge challenge at this point; in spite of their failures, the PT in acute rehab is her best chance of improvement at this point).
3. That God would make clear the best paths for us to take regarding next steps (legal, etc.)
May Steph continue with the good progress as God's healing touch restores her completely and may God give you and Steph favor with the administrators, insurance company, doctors, and the staff in Jesus' name!

We are standing with you for clarity and discernment in your next course of action. God is your CEO in these decisions...just listen and follow.

Prayers sent.
Shes needs to be much more mobile, as helps can come from you, but this needs to be defined, as per her care at home, as she gets better.
I'd say you cant do certain things,wisely, so she can stay as long as possible there, where she can improve much quicker.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back