• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Requesting Prayers for my Wife (updated 2023 - see p. 78)

Steph is asking for prayers now -- due to some "#2" issues / struggles. We can be thankful that this is her big concern now!

She is also having some depression issues, which I understand can be another lingering effect of covid-19. Lying alone in her room and searching the internet for "long-term covid side effects" doesn't help matters any. I texted her a verse that brought me peace while she was unconscious for weeks, Luke 8:50 -- "Do not be afraid; only believe, and she will be made well."

I did go to see her today (3 times). Her room is on a corner of the building, so she can look one way out her window, and the other way out her door and out the back door of the building. So I brought Maverick... He can't really see through her window (I don't think) because there's a row of bushes in front of the window, and neither Steph nor we can get real close to that window. But I took him to the back door -- which was cracked open a bit. There were no staff visible down the hall, so I opened the door and let Maverick stick his head in the door. He started getting excited when he saw his mommy! And then he barked! So I quick had to pull him back outside because that drew the attention of the staff.

So that made up for not being able to see her yesterday!
A wonderfully blessed start to 2021!

Steph is asking for prayers now -- due to some "#2" issues / struggles. We can be thankful that this is her big concern now!

She is also having some depression issues, which I understand can be another lingering effect of covid-19. Lying alone in her room and searching the internet for "long-term covid side effects" doesn't help matters any. I texted her a verse that brought me peace while she was unconscious for weeks, Luke 8:50 -- "Do not be afraid; only believe, and she will be made well."

I did go to see her today (3 times). Her room is on a corner of the building, so she can look one way out her window, and the other way out her door and out the back door of the building. So I brought Maverick... He can't really see through her window (I don't think) because there's a row of bushes in front of the window, and neither Steph nor we can get real close to that window. But I took him to the back door -- which was cracked open a bit. There were no staff visible down the hall, so I opened the door and let Maverick stick his head in the door. He started getting excited when he saw his mommy! And then he barked! So I quick had to pull him back outside because that drew the attention of the staff.

So that made up for not being able to see her yesterday!

While she's searching the internet, make sure that she reads this whole thread, so she can see how we all love her and are praying for her constantly!

Today Steph was able to complete both the morning and afternoon PT sessions – a little more progress every day! (Yesterday, she had to cut a session short because she got sick...) She’s becoming more settled in her new surroundings, which has greatly helped her emotional state. It’s also helped for her to be able to see me and Maverick every day (through the window… we’re outside her window). On Monday, we went to see her, and (shhh…) her nurse wheeled her bed up to the window, and opened it so Mavi could give her kisses! That was great for both of them!

We’re thankful that (for now at least) her digestive issues have gotten better. Obviously she still has a long road ahead. They said today (figuring 3 days rehab / recovery for every day she lay stationary in bed) that it could be 36 weeks for full recovery. Ugh! All in the Lord’s timing, of course. Look at how much He’s brought us through to this point.

Still accepting prayers – for continued healing for Steph, for peace for both of us, and for guidance for all those caring for her.

Today Steph was able to complete both the morning and afternoon PT sessions – a little more progress every day! (Yesterday, she had to cut a session short because she got sick...) She’s becoming more settled in her new surroundings, which has greatly helped her emotional state. It’s also helped for her to be able to see me and Maverick every day (through the window… we’re outside her window). On Monday, we went to see her, and (shhh…) her nurse wheeled her bed up to the window, and opened it so Mavi could give her kisses! That was great for both of them!

We’re thankful that (for now at least) her digestive issues have gotten better. Obviously she still has a long road ahead. They said today (figuring 3 days rehab / recovery for every day she lay stationary in bed) that it could be 36 weeks for full recovery. Ugh! All in the Lord’s timing, of course. Look at how much He’s brought us through to this point.

Still accepting prayers – for continued healing for Steph, for peace for both of us, and for guidance for all those caring for her.
I pray a good portion of those 36 weeks are with you guys at home.

Keep walking with God he will be with you all the way

Steph is requesting prayers: For her PT session in the morning (1000 ~ 1200 EST), that she would be able to get through it without getting sick, and without experiencing the other digestive issues she’s had. She still is not getting the proper attention for all the ancillary issues that are keeping her from being at her best for PT. Please pray that (according to God’s will) the staff is more attentive to her total plan of care. Thanks!

This has to be frustrating that you can see the things Steph needs and yet are unable to connect them through the medical facility, I have never been through anything like this so it's fascinating and frightening at the same time but I continue to marvel at your resolve. Your steadfast devotion is admirable and just knowing you gives me strength. Prayer for Steph and her soul mate... and the pretty dog too.

Steph is requesting prayers: For her PT session in the morning (1000 ~ 1200 EST), that she would be able to get through it without getting sick, and without experiencing the other digestive issues she’s had. She still is not getting the proper attention for all the ancillary issues that are keeping her from being at her best for PT. Please pray that (according to God’s will) the staff is more attentive to her total plan of care. Thanks!
Lil' All 'N' and I pray, in the name of Jesus, that Steph will have the very best PT session tomorrow and that each one after is better than the one before, that the staff gives Steph the attention that she needs for her issues, and that she will be home soon.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back