• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Requesting Prayers for my Wife (updated 2023 - see p. 78)

Great news and a little not so great news. What a difference in Steff's progress from just a few short days ago. :Mfclap:

Who was happier seeing each other...Steff or Maverick? :Biggrin:
I think it was a tie between the two. We had cameras taping it from two different angles, but I wish I had a gopro on my head, because Steph's look when she saw Maverick was priceless!

I guess I got tired last night and went to bed without giving an update. Steph continues to look better every day! Yesterday she sat up in the chair (with help getting there) for 4 hours, and they "had to fight her" to get her to go back in bed. They're trying to wean her off the ventilator, using some different modes, but she didn't tolerate the new mode yesterday, so they went back to where they've had it set for the past few days. Today was a TV watching day -- no PT, just giving her a little break. It's great to see her getting a little more active every day. She's had her sense of humor back for a couple days now... This evening when we were on the zoom call, Steph kept her eyes open the whole time, whereas up through yesterday she seemed to get tired shortly, or at least closed her eyes quite often.

The doctor said this morning that there's nothing medically hindering her at this point, from being transferred to long-term care (long term in this case being hopefully a month or even less, if she progresses well enough). So all good news!

I guess I got tired last night and went to bed without giving an update. Steph continues to look better every day! Yesterday she sat up in the chair (with help getting there) for 4 hours, and they "had to fight her" to get her to go back in bed. They're trying to wean her off the ventilator, using some different modes, but she didn't tolerate the new mode yesterday, so they went back to where they've had it set for the past few days. Today was a TV watching day -- no PT, just giving her a little break. It's great to see her getting a little more active every day. She's had her sense of humor back for a couple days now... This evening when we were on the zoom call, Steph kept her eyes open the whole time, whereas up through yesterday she seemed to get tired shortly, or at least closed her eyes quite often.

The doctor said this morning that there's nothing medically hindering her at this point, from being transferred to long-term care (long term in this case being hopefully a month or even less, if she progresses well enough). So all good news!

Awesome! More great news friend, thank you for sharing. Hope you are doing well ... you gotta take care of yourself as well. Hang in there.

Praying that Steph is home with you and Maverick as 2021 begins!

Fantastic. We are with you, brother. You are strong.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back