• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Requesting Prayers for my Wife (updated 2023 - see p. 78)

I look forward to these updates each and every day. The power of prayer from our God is unfolding before our eyes.

This is our theme verse this month in church.
Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”

I would also agree with my brethren on here for you to take care of yourself too Elwood.

Prayers continued as we see these Thanksgiving blessings unfold.

Last edited:
I look forward to these updates each and every day. The power of prayer from our God is unfolding before our eyes.

This is our theme verse this month in church.
Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”

I would also agree with my brethren on heat for you to take care of yourself too Elwood.

Prayers continued as we see these Thanksgiving blessings unfold.

God has ways of speaking to us in ways we wouldn't expect. I've seen so many signs -- that most people might overlook as "coincidence" -- where God is clearly giving me hope and assurance.

God has ways of speaking to us in ways we wouldn't expect. I've seen so many signs -- that most people might overlook as "coincidence" -- where God is clearly giving me hope and assurance.
1 Kings 19:11
11 The Lord said, “Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the Lord, for the Lord is about to pass by.”

Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake. 12 After the earthquake came a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper. 13 When Elijah heard it, he pulled his cloak over his face and went out and stood at the mouth of the cave.
The Modern world is so loud that we often miss the whisper that is God.
One of my favorite Hymns.

This was posted by a friend, it made me think of you and Steph. Blessings my brother in Christ!

1606318322971.png

Thanksgiving Praises! Not only is Steph improving, but you could see her improving by the hour today! Becoming more alert and responsive, and more control of motor skills! She did about 30 minutes of breathing therapy today, which went great (breathing easy with no struggles)... would have gone longer but they had to cut it short because at that time, they took her to get her perm cath (the procedure we've been wanting), which also went well (this is necessary for the dialysis). Speaking of which, there are signs that her kidneys are waking up as well. She still is very weak in her arms, but you could see improvement throughout the day -- to where she was lifting her hands as if to point or wave!

And... We made arrangements to bring Maverick in to see her tomorrow! We were trying to make it a surprise, but the charge nurse came into her room to talk about the arrangements... Steph heard it, and did a "shoulder shiver" because she was so excited!

Thanksgiving Praises! Not only is Steph improving, but you could see her improving by the hour today! Becoming more alert and responsive, and more control of motor skills! She did about 30 minutes of breathing therapy today, which went great (breathing easy with no struggles)... would have gone longer but they had to cut it short because at that time, they took her to get her perm cath (the procedure we've been wanting), which also went well (this is necessary for the dialysis). Speaking of which, there are signs that her kidneys are waking up as well. She still is very weak in her arms, but you could see improvement throughout the day -- to where she was lifting her hands as if to point or wave!

And... We made arrangements to bring Maverick in to see her tomorrow! We were trying to make it a surprise, but the charge nurse came into her room to talk about the arrangements... Steph heard it, and did a "shoulder shiver" because she was so excited!
Awesome! A very blessed Thanksgiving to you, Steph, and Maverick! Praying for more blessings!

Steph looked even better today! She was smiling so big, with wide eyes, when I came into the room this morning. So thankful that she’s made it this far.

I had texted her twin sister about how good Steph looked today. She asked me to get a picture of Steph smiling, just to compare it to yesterday's smile. By that time, Steph was asleep – I’m sure worn out from the dialysis & other excitement. So before I had to leave at noon, I asked if I could get a pic of Steph smiling for her sister – so she stuck out her tongue! She has her sense of humor back!

The bummer news is that the hospital has now ended all visitation (effective noon today), thanks to a rise in Covid cases among the medical personnel (visitors have been bringing it in and not notifying hospital staff about symptoms or contact tracing... even though they screen upon entry). But I'm so thankful that Steph has made such great progress and gotten to this point, now that visitation has been cut off. Still praising God every moment for His miracles!

Steph looked even better today! She was smiling so big, with wide eyes, when I came into the room this morning. So thankful that she’s made it this far.

I had texted her twin sister about how good Steph looked today. She asked me to get a picture of Steph smiling, just to compare it to yesterday's smile. By that time, Steph was asleep – I’m sure worn out from the dialysis & other excitement. So before I had to leave at noon, I asked if I could get a pic of Steph smiling for her sister – so she stuck out her tongue! She has her sense of humor back!

The bummer news is that the hospital has now ended all visitation (effective noon today), thanks to a rise in Covid cases among the medical personnel (visitors have been bringing it in and not notifying hospital staff about symptoms or contact tracing... even though they screen upon entry). But I'm so thankful that Steph has made such great progress and gotten to this point, now that visitation has been cut off. Still praising God every moment for His miracles!
Holy Spirit will visit in your place.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back