• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Requesting Prayers for my Wife (updated 2023 - see p. 78)

Thankfully, Steph was more relaxed today, and seemed more comfortable. So it was an easier day on both of us. She got her first visit from PT today, just doing an initial assessment. It will be a long haul… but she continues on the path! All glory to Jesus!
The fact that this is short to me is encouraging. Less qualifications needed means less going on. A little more encouragement for you.

MT 7:14
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Thankfully, Steph was more relaxed today, and seemed more comfortable. So it was an easier day on both of us. She got her first visit from PT today, just doing an initial assessment. It will be a long haul… but she continues on the path! All glory to Jesus!
Always my first read on this forum in the am. Good news. One more small step forward. Keep the faith and be strong. We are with you.

Great news!!!! The prayers warriors are being heard by our Lord. God is good. Hang in there buddy.

Elwood - I started to write this the other day, but got interrupted. YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE "ON". Just being there is most of it - you feeling like you have to be your best you and take care of everything will lead to you being exhausted, and potentially resent other people trying to help. You are doing your best, and you have to take care of yourself so you can take care of everything else. You can put it off for a little time, but it will catch up with you. I'm wishing the best for you on you and Steph's long journey back to some sort of normal.

EVK--St. John of the Cross tells us to, "Go out into the dark night, only being illumined by the LIGHT within us!" I hope this helps--YOU AND YOUR FAMILY, and this GLORIOUS HUSKERMAX FAMILY, are "circling the wagons," during times of crises for you and for all of us! My ancestors in NE built sod houses and how they endured all that they had to--was a testament of their FAITH and TRUST in GOD. We truly stand upon the, "shoulders of giants!" You and the HM Family have great faith and great hope that Steph will recover--so do I!

Elwood - I started to write this the other day, but got interrupted. YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE "ON". Just being there is most of it - you feeling like you have to be your best you and take care of everything will lead to you being exhausted, and potentially resent other people trying to help. You are doing your best, and you have to take care of yourself so you can take care of everything else. You can put it off for a little time, but it will catch up with you. I'm wishing the best for you on you and Steph's long journey back to some sort of normal.

EvK, I think this is worth repeating. Man, you've been a warrior in this. You have also done a good job of letting others take days in ICU but in the days and weeks ahead you'll need to take care of yourself well in order to be able to take care of Steph. I've been in the caregiver role and it's a challenge. God's grace, affection and rest are for you, too. It's been an honor to walk with you in some way through this and I continue to pray for you and Steph.

Last edited:

More progress for Steph today -- though it's still a roller coaster. When I got to her room this a.m., she was in the middle of almost 90 minutes of breathing therapy -- which she did very well on. Then, immediately after that, she had her first PT session, with Liana (who is AWESOME!). We got Steph sitting up on the edge of the bed, and had her turning her head to look up, and to both sides (though she has limited range of motion). She responded very well, and was very expressive in focusing with her eyes! Liana and I were ecstatic at how well she did, and I think it helped her take another step, as now she can reposition her head in bed if she's uncomfortable (before she could only turn her head side to side a little). She still has little strength in her arms, but we're working on range of motion with her and just continuing to appreciate the little steps...
The challenge part is that she had a fever last night, and we are concerned with possible infection... which would interfere with another procedure that we're pushing to get. Thankfully her temp was down to 98.4 this evening, so God continues to lead the way!

More progress for Steph today -- though it's still a roller coaster. When I got to her room this a.m., she was in the middle of almost 90 minutes of breathing therapy -- which she did very well on. Then, immediately after that, she had her first PT session, with Liana (who is AWESOME!). We got Steph sitting up on the edge of the bed, and had her turning her head to look up, and to both sides (though she has limited range of motion). She responded very well, and was very expressive in focusing with her eyes! Liana and I were ecstatic at how well she did, and I think it helped her take another step, as now she can reposition her head in bed if she's uncomfortable (before she could only turn her head side to side a little). She still has little strength in her arms, but we're working on range of motion with her and just continuing to appreciate the little steps...
The challenge part is that she had a fever last night, and we are concerned with possible infection... which would interfere with another procedure that we're pushing to get. Thankfully her temp was down to 98.4 this evening, so God continues to lead the way!
More progress and more blessings! A big "Yaaaaaayyy!" from Lil' All 'N ' and more prayers on the way!

So happy to hear that.

I send your updates to people from my church. This is a text from a prayer warrior who is also a fellow Husker...

"You just don't have any idea how much I enjoy getting these updates and seeing the answers to our prayers right before our very eyes! I know God has great things in store for Steph and for her husband!"

Last edited:

EvK your updates are so appreciated, I absolutely love to read about Steph's progress and your absolute devotion to our Lord, stay the course and know that your "pilgrimage" is so appreciated in these trying times. God Bless and Prayer sent.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back