• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Requesting Prayers for my Wife (updated 2023 - see p. 78)

1605667880962.png

Steph made more progress today! Vent settings are same as yesterday but she is doing well (99~100% SpO2). But she made progress neurologically as well! This morning she didn't respond to pain in her upper extremities (pinching fingers). But this afternoon she did, and gave more pronounced response when pinching her toes! She was yawning throughout the day, and in the afternoon started moving her foot / rotating her leg! The EEG showed no seizures; results showed good symmetry and fairly "normal" except for "slow reactivity" -- but this could be from being on heavy sedation for so long (she was still on light sedation at the time, and most people are not sedated during EEG).

Hallelujah! Thank You Jesus!!!

Steph made more progress today! Vent settings are same as yesterday but she is doing well (99~100% SpO2). But she made progress neurologically as well! This morning she didn't respond to pain in her upper extremities (pinching fingers). But this afternoon she did, and gave more pronounced response when pinching her toes! She was yawning throughout the day, and in the afternoon started moving her foot / rotating her leg! The EEG showed no seizures; results showed good symmetry and fairly "normal" except for "slow reactivity" -- but this could be from being on heavy sedation for so long (she was still on light sedation at the time, and most people are not sedated during EEG).

Great news EVK! I will continue to include Steph in my daily prayers. I lost 2 family members last week that had covid. (Both had underlying conditions)
Thanks for being an inspiration in these strange troubled times. This thread continues to remind me how precious our time with loved ones is in this world.

Great news EVK! I will continue to include Steph in my daily prayers. I lost 2 family members last week that had covid. (Both had underlying conditions)
Thanks for being an inspiration in these strange troubled times. This thread continues to remind me how precious our time with loved ones is in this world.

So sorry for your loss. I know it's no consolation that they had underlying conditions. Indeed, it makes you appreciate the moments you have so much more.

And Covid is straight up evil. Please see my post #492 for home remedies that have reportedly worked to fight the disease (wish we had known earlier).

One day at a time and each blessing is glorious! Lil' All 'N' and I continue to pray!

So happy to hear the positive progress Elwood regarding your wife! I’ll keep praying for your family to further keep the Husker prayer train rolling!

This calls for a little more than a regular Amen. How about a little Sidney and the Nuns.

Steph made more progress today! She opened her eyes a few times this morning, and seemed to respond to my voice. I was only there for the morning and a bit after lunch, because we were able to get her Dad in to see her this afternoon (still w/ the one visitor per day policy). He hadn't seen her since last week, and noticed a huge difference.

Continuing to praise Almighty God for bringing Steph through an "impossible" situation!

Steph made more progress today! She opened her eyes a few times this morning, and seemed to respond to my voice. I was only there for the morning and a bit after lunch, because we were able to get her Dad in to see her this afternoon (still w/ the one visitor per day policy). He hadn't seen her since last week, and noticed a huge difference.

Continuing to praise Almighty God for bringing Steph through an "impossible" situation!

God is Good

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back