• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Requesting Prayers for my Wife (updated 2023 - see p. 78)

EvK, Prayers to your wife and to you, often times it is harder on the spouse than the one who is sick, and you had the added benefit of a scare yourself. Hang in there brother, we all are on your side!

She is in hospital with Covid-19 for fourth night. They now have her on Remdesivir, among other things. They keep raising the O2 level but her lung capacity is decreasing.

I know God is in control. But we are scared and need prayer warriors right now.

Thanks in advance
Hoping the very best for your wife and for you

Being scared only means you all are about to do something really brave.

One of my favorite songs to pick up my spirits.

Verse 1: You are my strength when I am weak You are the treasure that I seek You are my all in all

Seeking You as a precious jewel Lord, to give up I'd be a fool You are my all in all

Chorus: Jesus, Lamb of God Worthy is Your name Jesus, Lamb of God Worthy is Your name Oh, Your name is worthy

Verse 2: Taking my sin, my cross, my shame Rising again I bless Your name You are my all in all

When I fall down You pick me up When I am dry You fill my cup You are my all in all

Right now I have a fever of 101.9. It has come up throughout the day. Temp has been normal in the mornings, but for some reason it comes up (a little) in pm. But not like this.

Please pray LORD, if it's Your will, let me fever break. I don't want to tell my wife and have her worrying.

If you are having a fever, go get tested.

Keeping both you and your wife in our prayers. Dear Lord, we know you hear our prayers. Please Lord, watch over them, let them feel the comfort of your presence and provide your healing power. Amen.

This is from my sis-in law (easier to paste it than type out):
I just spoke to Aunt Stephanie for the first time all day. She is not doing well. She has no inflection in her voice and her speech is very slow and monotone. I wanted to cry, it was very hard to listen to her speak.
I tried relinquishing my role as the update person because I was mentally exhausted, but Dave is too exhausted both physically and mentally right now and the nurse got upset with my mom and told her not to call back. Steph only wants me to do updates. She said it is too hard to have anyone else do it. It must be a twin thing!
1f60a.png

She is using both a cannula and face mask for oxygen which is up to 40 now. This morning her nose started to bleed because it was so dry so she took everything off to try and get it to stop. Her O2 levels must have been going down so the nurse came in and told her to put everything back on.
Steph said she was swallowing blood the nurse said she would be fine. Around 9am Steph started coughing up junk from her lungs and ended getting sick all over herself. She tried calling for assistance and no one came so she texted me and Dave to call the nurse’s station for help. Steph was told not to call for help unless it was an emergency and that her family should not keep calling. Steph said I’m sorry if I did something to upset you and I thought this was an emergency. Hearing her say this in her slow, monotone voice broke my heart! Long story short, her nurse was upset she had to work with a COVID patient and refused to go into the room unless it was the required time for rounds because she did not want to get it. One of the staff must have heard the exchange because Steph was assigned a new nurse for the rest of the shift.
I am beside myself thinking what kind of person does this to someone who is sick, alone and scared?? I’m still trying to process how to handle this!
The lung doctor gave Steph a new device, a flutter valve, to help loosen things in her chest along with some Mucinex. She has to get the stuff out of her lungs so she can take deeper breaths otherwise the oxygen will not be as effective. She gets scared when she can’t catch her breath and starts to hyperventilate therefore they gave her another dose of anxiety meds. All other meds are the same. She ate some applesauce today, but that’s it. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers everyone we really need it
❤️

She is in hospital with Covid-19 for fourth night. They now have her on Remdesivir, among other things. They keep raising the O2 level but her lung capacity is decreasing.

I know God is in control. But we are scared and need prayer warriors right now.

Thanks in advance
Done. Praying not just for a recovery in accordance with his will, but that you both may be strengthened in your faith through this time. God bless.

This is from my sis-in law (easier to paste it than type out):
I just spoke to Aunt Stephanie for the first time all day. She is not doing well. She has no inflection in her voice and her speech is very slow and monotone. I wanted to cry, it was very hard to listen to her speak.
I tried relinquishing my role as the update person because I was mentally exhausted, but Dave is too exhausted both physically and mentally right now and the nurse got upset with my mom and told her not to call back. Steph only wants me to do updates. She said it is too hard to have anyone else do it. It must be a twin thing!
1f60a.png

She is using both a cannula and face mask for oxygen which is up to 40 now. This morning her nose started to bleed because it was so dry so she took everything off to try and get it to stop. Her O2 levels must have been going down so the nurse came in and told her to put everything back on.
Steph said she was swallowing blood the nurse said she would be fine. Around 9am Steph started coughing up junk from her lungs and ended getting sick all over herself. She tried calling for assistance and no one came so she texted me and Dave to call the nurse’s station for help. Steph was told not to call for help unless it was an emergency and that her family should not keep calling. Steph said I’m sorry if I did something to upset you and I thought this was an emergency. Hearing her say this in her slow, monotone voice broke my heart! Long story short, her nurse was upset she had to work with a COVID patient and refused to go into the room unless it was the required time for rounds because she did not want to get it. One of the staff must have heard the exchange because Steph was assigned a new nurse for the rest of the shift.
I am beside myself thinking what kind of person does this to someone who is sick, alone and scared?? I’m still trying to process how to handle this!
The lung doctor gave Steph a new device, a flutter valve, to help loosen things in her chest along with some Mucinex. She has to get the stuff out of her lungs so she can take deeper breaths otherwise the oxygen will not be as effective. She gets scared when she can’t catch her breath and starts to hyperventilate therefore they gave her another dose of anxiety meds. All other meds are the same. She ate some applesauce today, but that’s it. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers everyone we really need it
❤️
A nurse actting in that manner is totally unprofessional and has no business in an intensive care unit. I’d contact a hospital administrator or social worker to discuss this situation. If the hospital has a chaplaincy department they cold be another source to deal with this situation. Remember “Speak the truth in love” solves most problems.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back