• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Requesting Prayers for my Wife (updated 2023 - see p. 78)

Thank you again to all for your prayers and support. It will be a marathon, not a sprint. But we feel comfort in knowing, not only that God is in control and will always do what's best for us, but that we have a network of friends (and strangers) who are there for us.

I was happy to hear your report this morning and glad she is improving. Please continue to provide updates as time permits. We're all with you.

UPDATE: They just moved her to the ICU. That sounds serious and scary. The ICU nurse assured me that it's because they have had to raise her O2 level so high (30 L { / hr?}), and need closer monitoring. She is definitely getting better care now. They gave her new meds for cough and anxiety, to help her breathe more easy. I'm sure anxiety is part of the problem, because she is very outgoing (more than anyone I know) and does not do well alone.

My temperature has been normal the past two mornings, but comes up in the afternoon, for whatever reason. I thought I was out of the woods, but it just keeps hanging on. I also am stuck home alone. I have FAITH that God is in control and will do what's best for us. But I need help with my doubts.

Need to pray that all the forces of evil are eradicated in the Power of JESUS CHRIST!

Just an anecdote about my most AWESOME wife. For our wedding present, she got me a signed piece of memorabilia from every decade of Husker FB since the 50's. From my Dad and Frank Patrick to Johnny the Jet, Turner Gill, and Steve Warren (and a coach who shall not be named). A few months later, @BigRedMax and Johnny put on a "Decades of Excellence" supper prior to the (USC?) game. Gee, I wonder where that idea came from???

At the banquet, I had to keep an eye on Vince Ferragamo because he kept hitting on my wife...

Last edited:
Just an anecdote about my most AWESOME wife. For our wedding present, she got me a signed piece of memorabilia from every decade of Husker FB since the 50's. From my Dad and Frank Patrick to Johnny the Jet, Turner Gill, and Steve Warren (and a coach who shall not be named). A few months later, @BigRedMax and Johnny put on a "Decades of Excellence" supper prior to the (USC?) game. Gee, I wonder where that idea came from??? I had to fight off Vince Ferragamo from hitting on my wife...
We are believing that the journey with your wife has more beautiful memories. Stay strong and lean on Him for comfort, peace, and guidance.

You and your wife are in my prayers. I am praying for rapid and full recovery for your wife, health for you, wisdom for the medical team and the peace that passes all understanding.

UPDATE: They just moved her to the ICU. That sounds serious and scary. The ICU nurse assured me that it's because they have had to raise her O2 level so high (30 L { / hr?}), and need closer monitoring. She is definitely getting better care now. They gave her new meds for cough and anxiety, to help her breathe more easy. I'm sure anxiety is part of the problem, because she is very outgoing (more than anyone I know) and does not do well alone.

My temperature has been normal the past two mornings, but comes up in the afternoon, for whatever reason. I thought I was out of the woods, but it just keeps hanging on. I also am stuck home alone. I have FAITH that God is in control and will do what's best for us. But I need help with my doubts.

Need to pray that all the forces of evil are eradicated in the Power of JESUS CHRIST!

Yeah, it sounds like you at least can feel like she's got the right people around her. I cannot and selfishly do not want to know what it is like not being able to advocate for my loved one and help.
May he give you both the strength and courage to make it through this and be back together very soon. I'll continue to pray for your comfort , peace and some happiness to sneak on in, too.

Hang in there brother, we are behind you and continued prayers for you to stay healthy and for your wife to get the expedited care that she needs. Thanks for the update. Continued prayers from my family to yours. I feel that she will be much better tomorrow. God Bless you both!

Holy Father, hold your children in Your mighty arms. Be especially with our brother’s wife in her time of great need. Give all the doctors, nurses, therapists, and all who are caring for her and others suffering from Covid-19. Grant the family rest in Your arms trusting in Your loving mercy. Amen.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back