• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Requesting Prayers for my Wife (updated 2023 - see p. 78)

Steph got her trach and PEG today -- praise God, it all went well! This is a goal we've been waiting and praying for! Obviously she still has a long way to go, but I feel like getting the tube out of her mouth will make a huge difference in her recovery. (In case you're wondering, she's still on the ventilator; it just hooks into her neck instead of through her mouth.) Before the procedure, she was coming off of sedation a little, just enough to express a little discomfort when they were swabbing her mouth. And when her nurse and I were talking about her, she gave us a little "yawn". Her kidneys and lungs are still in bad shape, but at least God is giving us signs that she's on the right path. She will still be sedated for a while so she can rest up and heal. Maybe start to wake her on Sunday (God willing).

Continuing to pray and praise God for His grace and healing power!
Still praying for Steph
God willing she'll be well soon
we can only hope and pray
God bless.

Where should I start? Today was a busy day! They were able to do the MRI on Steph’s brain last night – and it came back negative! No issues! Hallelujah!!! The neurologist was very encouraged! She said Steph is a “COVID long hauler” – meaning she may/will have lingering issues such as fatigue and confusion – but obviously the good news is that she’s fighting, and more so that God is healing her! Her blood gases (CO2, O2, pH) were completely normal (indicating good lung function). Kidneys are showing signs that they are “waking up”.

At 1055, the respiratory tech began SBT (spontaneous breathing test/trial) on Steph. This is where they put the ventilator in a mode where Steph is breathing on her own (with backup from the vent if she should have problems). It’s like “pushups for the lungs.” Steph was able to breathe easy for 25 minutes! After that time, she started laboring a little, so they stopped the test. The goal is for her to do one hour per day. But for the first time breathing on her own in almost a month, she did great!

At 1435, nurse John (who has been an awesome provider for Steph) asked her to move her fingers, and she did! A little later, he asked her to look at him, and her eyes went to him; then I called her name, and she looked at me! Great progress just today! Praise God!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

And He (Jesus) said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven.” (Luke 10:18~20)

Where should I start? Today was a busy day! They were able to do the MRI on Steph’s brain last night – and it came back negative! No issues! Hallelujah!!! The neurologist was very encouraged! She said Steph is a “COVID long hauler” – meaning she may/will have lingering issues such as fatigue and confusion – but obviously the good news is that she’s fighting, and more so that God is healing her! Her blood gases (CO2, O2, pH) were completely normal (indicating good lung function). Kidneys are showing signs that they are “waking up”.

At 1055, the respiratory tech began SBT (spontaneous breathing test/trial) on Steph. This is where they put the ventilator in a mode where Steph is breathing on her own (with backup from the vent if she should have problems). It’s like “pushups for the lungs.” Steph was able to breathe easy for 25 minutes! After that time, she started laboring a little, so they stopped the test. The goal is for her to do one hour per day. But for the first time breathing on her own in almost a month, she did great!

At 1435, nurse John (who has been an awesome provider for Steph) asked her to move her fingers, and she did! A little later, he asked her to look at him, and her eyes went to him; then I called her name, and she looked at me! Great progress just today! Praise God!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

And He (Jesus) said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven.” (Luke 10:18~20)
I just let Lil' All 'N' know and here was his response via text: "Yayayayayay!! I am so happy right now. I am kinda crying of happiness. I am so happy."

God is good all the time! We are all still praying and believing as you stand fast for her and she keeps fighting and healing! God has put Steph in the right place with the right medical team. God has this!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

John 9
As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth.2His disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?"3"Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life. [/QUOTE]

This too has happened so that you and Steph can show the power of God through prayer. You are the voice crying out in the desert. The herald of God's works in and through your wife.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is fantastic news, and just reaffirms the power of prayer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wonderful news! Thank you for the update. Still praying for Steph and you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can't tell you how happy I am for you and your family. It's selfish but this makes me so happy. I pray everyday from here on is as positive as today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fantastic news Elwood!! Keep the faith!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amazing, Amazing, Amazing news!!!!!!!! You've got a bunch of us praying for you and Steph. So great to hear the encouraging news.

But don't you worry, we won't stop praying or thinking of the two of you. All these guys here are in it for the long haul with you.

Be well.

Last edited:

Fantastic positive news. From the depths of depression to seeing real progress with her healing. ALSO thank god for all those wonderful healthcare workers that make these type of recoveries possible. Hang in there because better days seem to be on the horizon imo.

Wonderful news! I look forward to your updates and I love seeing the progress Steph is making. God truly is in control and with your faith, I know all will be well. So happy right now.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back