• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Report: Huskers 'firm' on a new hoops hire

Wrong. Hoiberg would be a great hire and it would be sad if our AD wasn’t exploring options after he knew what was inevitable. He would be the only one in the country. Moos believes in letting coaches finish out the season unless he is firing for cause from what I can see. That he probably made the decision 8 or 10 or 6 games ago in his mind isn’t a big deal and politics go with the territory.
I was speaking of the leak. Not exactly how I was brought up.

Last edited:

This is semantics. Everywhere I’ve worked, I’ve evaluated and been evaluated all year long. We then do “evaluations”once a year where performance is reviewed, raises are given,bonuses revealed, etc.
Moos has said that for his role as an AD, that time of year is when the respective season is completed for each coach. Moos is in a tough spot but appears to be acting in the best interests of NU. Locking down Frost and hopefully now Houberg would be huge accomplishments IMO. Opportunity must be seized.

This is semantics. Everywhere I’ve worked, I’ve evaluated and been evaluated all year long. We then do “evaluations”once a year where performance is reviewed, raises are given,bonuses revealed, etc.
Moos has said that for his role as an AD, that time of year is when the respective season is completed for each coach. Moos is in a tough spot but appears to be acting in the best interests of NU. Locking down Frost and hopefully now Houberg would be huge accomplishments IMO. Opportunity must be seized.
I think Moos is using the word "evaluation" to mean "take any action in public". Of course he's evaluating constantly. Some people are taking Moos at his word and blaming him for it. I don't see what anyone gets out of that other than a righteous dopamine dump. If the deal is done and Nebraska hired Fred Hoiberg, Moos seems to have done what he needed to do.

I see it both ways, Moos is acting in the best interest of DONU. Personally, I think Miles found out "officially" a couple of weeks ago, but how things play out in public usually must always be different then how they play out behind closed doors.

I still bet he ends up in a NBA front office. Besides, if he truly dislikes recruiting why would a college program have interest in him and would that be the route NU should head?

If you want to get into semantics, I believe the statement read he would finish his evaluation of the program at the end of the season. He could have already made a decision on Miles and still be evaluating the rest of the program.

I see it both ways, Moos is acting in the best interest of DONU. Personally, I think Miles found out "officially" a couple of weeks ago, but how things play out in public usually must always be different then how they play out behind closed doors.

I agree in that I think Miles has already been informed. As others have said I think the expectation was set after last season in no uncertain terms that to retain his position it was NCAA or bust. But I wouldn’t be at all surprised on top of that if Moos has already informed him that they will be moving on.

I still bet he ends up in a NBA front office. Besides, if he truly dislikes recruiting why would a college program have interest in him and would that be the route NU should head?

But he also said he’s a coach, and wants to coach rather than work in the front office.

Screenshot_20190321-093159.jpg

Not so fast my friend!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back