• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Reminder: Madison (Aaron Green) vs Steele (Malcom Brown) on ESPN 8/28/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
No you never do know...just look at the Owa (could start for UCLA this year) saga last year...with that being said, we need to have other options if Aaron strings us along until say December or January and then decides to go elsewhere...and I suspect we do.....I don't think we have a deadline when we have a kid of his caliber, but I also think there comes a point that we pull the strings on another commit and make room if Aaron commits too....but I know you are aware of all that...:)

I hear ya, I have no info just a gut feeling that Texas is still in it. Never know with these young men. Just have to wait until they make thier decision.

Things point to Nebraska as what you would consider as the best opportunity for immediate playing time for AG, plus the bonus of Andrew being in Lincoln. I truthfully have a hard time imagining Aaron committing to TX as this seems to be a LBJ situation (make your own name or look for a 'sidekick'), and he really makes a person scratch their head with his comments regarding playing with Brown makes him want to play there more, but maybe he is just enjoying the recruiting aspect and wants to keep people guessing and has actually had his mind made up for quite some time now...? Its kinda interesting as reading that interview you could almost think based on what he said he is a Texas lean, but MB would like him to go elsewhere.

Eh, either way, I like our chances a lot and would love to see him commit during his official visit weekend!

By they way, I can't wait until next weekend - this game really gets my football passion going! Fun, up and down game (after the 1st Q) and makes me envious of you who live in Texas and see these types of games on a regular basis.

Things point to Nebraska as what you would consider as the best opportunity for immediate playing time for AG, plus the bonus of Andrew being in Lincoln. I truthfully have a hard time imagining Aaron committing to TX as this seems to be a LBJ situation (make your own name or look for a 'sidekick'), and he really makes a person scratch their head with his comments regarding playing with Brown makes him want to play there more, but maybe he is just enjoying the recruiting aspect and wants to keep people guessing and has actually had his mind made up for quite some time now...? Its kinda interesting as reading that interview you could almost think based on what he said he is a Texas lean, but MB would like him to go elsewhere.

Eh, either way, I like our chances a lot and would love to see him commit during his official visit weekend!

By they way, I can't wait until next weekend - this game really gets my football passion going! Fun, up and down game (after the 1st Q) and makes me envious of you who live in Texas and see these types of games on a regular basis.

Last night Lake Travis played Westlake....Lake Travis had a 47 game winning streak going and the QB Brewer is going to Texas Tech even though his dad played for UT and the next big time WR for Lake Travis is Gilberts little brother....well he is 6' 5" had 9 catches for 168 or so yards. they played the game at UT stadium and put 30,000 fans in the stands....LT came back and won 32-21.

I thought it was more the case that Texas no longer has much interest in Green than the other way around. Not that they wouldn't love to have him, just that once they settled on Brown, they don't have another Schollie to use on a RB in that class.

Last night Lake Travis played Westlake....Lake Travis had a 47 game winning streak going and the QB Brewer is going to Texas Tech even though his dad played for UT and the next big time WR for Lake Travis is Gilberts little brother....well he is 6' 5" had 9 catches for 168 or so yards. they played the game at UT stadium and put 30,000 fans in the stands....LT came back and won 32-21.

Wow, just wow. Were you able to attend this game or were you at your own kids game in pville?

Wow, just wow. Were you able to attend this game or were you at your own kids game in pville?

P-ville played Friday and won 27-21....RB Storm Woods (love that name) going to Oregon St had 3 TD's. Westlake-Lake Travis played Saturday to have the market to themselves. no I did not go to the LT-Westlake game, but kept up with the updates.

BTW P-ville has a DB Alex Matlock going to Kansas....pretty good player and know his dad.

I find it terribly unfair that I was born and raised in Missouri.
When I finish school, I'm aiming for a career in Texas. I need to see some Texas high school football and these mega-church-stadiums. :Biggrin:

the stadiums are amazing...of course the kids are ill equipped for the real world when they graduate because they cant add or read, but hey at least they can carry the football

I hear ya, I have no info just a gut feeling that Texas is still in it. Never know with these young men. Just have to wait until they make thier decision.

MY gut feels the same way.

I think he did not want to be rushed so he told Texas he was going to take his time and decide. I think Texas wanted to take 2 RB, #1 being Brown and #2 blieve one of 3 or 4 other backs which included Green. One of those "other" backs committed to Texas. Green than may have wanted to but was told the spot is Brown's first, so he had to first wait on Brown. Then after Brown committed, Green narrows his list to 2-3 school Cal, NU and FSU. I think Texas has targets for the last 1 or 2 schollie thay have and come late January if Texas does not get those targets they will make a hard pusj for Green...and then that is when we see where he real wants to go. I think if Texas completely fills up before Late January we will see Green commit somewhere shorty after that, but I think he is waiting to see how the Texas scholie numbers play out.

I hope he chooses NU, but right now I still think we are in the group of second choices along with Cal and FSU.

NOTE this is all just my opinion I have no inside info, just my 2 cents and anyone reading this may want a 3 cent refund :Biggrin:

That was a good performsncr by both backs. Come on Green choose NU

the stadiums are amazing...of course the kids are ill equipped for the real world when they graduate because they cant add or read, but hey at least they can carry the football

I cannot speak for all districts, but in Katy that definitely in NOT true. Spent 9 years on our school board and can assure our students receive an excellent education and if they don't pass they don't play. We're well known nationally for our great education and we take co-curricular/extra-curricular activities very seriously. In a good/great school district, they go hand in hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back