• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Reminder: Madison (Aaron Green) vs Steele (Malcom Brown) on ESPN 8/28/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
No its not all true....I was exaggerating ...it did bother me that while I was in Killeen we were able to get a 6 million dollar football press box bond passed but couldnt get the money for new textbooks..I was sitting in the coaches office one time around the 6 week grade check and heard the head coach say to the math teacher over the phone "dont let that kid leave your class until he is passing....would you like a sideline pass for tonights game?"

No its not all true....I was exaggerating ...it did bother me that while I was in Killeen we were able to get a 6 million dollar football press box bond passed but couldnt get the money for new textbooks..I was sitting in the coaches office one time around the 6 week grade check and heard the head coach say to the math teacher over the phone "dont let that kid leave your class until he is passing....would you like a sideline pass for tonights game?"

Certainly cannot comment on what goes on in other districts, especially how they decide to spend their money, although textbooks are provide by and paid for by the state of Texas. Our district from time to time has had problems receiving enough textbooks but eventually it works out. Knowing many dedicated teachers, I would hope the math teacher would feel a responsibility to make sure all his/her students learn the curriculum and important concepts. That is what they are paid to do. You want those kids participating in something that is meaningful to them and teaches a few life lessons along the way. For many that is athletics. But to do that, they have to put their education first. Enough of my midwestern values. I'm probably putting you to sleep by now.

no I agree completely...The thing i liked about Texas was the 6 week grade checks..sure some teachers would give a kid a 70 when he had a 66 but overall the eligibility checks were a positive...It also set me up for complete shock when I got to California where a kid gets socially promoted every year regardless of their performance, there is zero accountability for students or even teachers out here.... I am trying desperately to get a job in the Omaha area next year for several reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back