• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Remember this commit that Bo turned loose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Braylon is studying for and retaking his ACT....that is the only news on him.....until he gets his scores back we won't know anything...if he gets the right score he will be in Lincoln in January if he doesn't he will be headed the JUCO route...

Do partial qualifier and Big 10 versus Big XII rules come into effect here at all? Will it make a difference in the future?

Since he would count against the 2011 class I would assume it would be under Big Ten admission standards for athletics....

I don't think so as I think the rules are pretty standard across the bigger conferences these days....plus the majority of the kids Bo has recruited are coming in with high GPA's and would qualify at most schools....

Do partial qualifier and Big 10 versus Big XII rules come into effect here at all? Will it make a difference in the future?

I remember arguing with some astronomers at bighuskerfan.com about Simi Kuli. In fact, one of them owes me a case of beer as I bet him that Kuli would never see the field in D1.

They were upset that Bo let such a huge talent get away.

I remember arguing with some astronomers at bighuskerfan.com about Simi Kuli. In fact, one of them owes me a case of beer as I bet him that Kuli would never see the field in D1.

They were upset that Bo let such a huge talent get away.

Let me guess....Omaha Phil?:rolfl:

Couldn't open the link, so I'm not sure what he did, but what makes anyone think that had he came to NU that the same thing would have happened? I think the environment here may help prevent some of the issues that happen elsewhere (and here too, to a lesser extent).

PS - Bo and TO wanted Simi very badly and tried hard to keep him. Why must we always make things up?

Couldn't open the link, so I'm not sure what he did, but what makes anyone think that had he came to NU that the same thing would have happened? I think the environment here may help prevent some of the issues that happen elsewhere (and here too, to a lesser extent).

PS - Bo and TO wanted Simi very badly and tried hard to keep him. Why must we always make things up?

In this case, I don't think it is a matter of making things up but rather that people just don't remember real clearly. Simi's recruitment was bizarre from start to finish. His verbal to Callahan sort of came out of left field. Then after he decommitted, it seemed like for a while it looked like NU had no shot. Then all of a sudden, we were back in it. Then we were out of it again. And with each turn, we didn't want him, yes we did, no we didn't. Then toward the end, it seemed like we were back in it again. Bo flew out to California to meet with him. It seemed we were in the driver's seat at this point. The meeting did not go well. Simi apparently did a no show. End of recruitment. Then came the debates did Bo dump him or or did he dump NU by no-showing? Probably both.

Most people just don't have the stamina to remember all that drama and all the spin associated with each turn.

In this case, I don't think it is a matter of making things up but rather that people just don't remember real clearly. Simi's recruitment was bizarre from start to finish. His verbal to Callahan sort of came out of left field. Then after he decommitted, it seemed like for a while it looked like NU had no shot. Then all of a sudden, we were back in it. Then we were out of it again. And with each turn, we didn't want him, yes we did, no we didn't. Then toward the end, it seemed like we were back in it again. Bo flew out to California to meet with him. It seemed we were in the driver's seat at this point. The meeting did not go well. Simi apparently did a no show. End of recruitment. Then came the debates did Bo dump him or or did he dump NU by no-showing? Probably both.

Most people just don't have the stamina to remember all that drama and all the spin associated with each turn.

I remember all the drama pretty well and I do not remember ever reading that we didn't want him. We all went crazy (Owa-like) for this kid when TO re-recruited him. To act now, when the kid gets in a little trouble, like we didn't want him and cut him loose is laughable........except that, we have posters pulling that stuff all the time, as if we can do no wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back