• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

Reimers Where Art Thou?

Nexxus

No Talent Analyst
5 Year Member
I think the home town boy has been solid in the past. He was awarded a scholarship this year....but has had no touches. What gives?
 

husker6

Winter is coming
10 Year Member
I think the home town boy has been solid in the past. He was awarded a scholarship this year....but has had no touches. What gives?
He caught at least one pass late in the Wisconsin game. But, other than that, yeah.
 

cthusker

You talken to me?
5 Year Member
Kade Warner seems to have impressed the coaches, too.

And didn't Jack Stoll catch a TD on,Saturday?
I like.. holy crap our TE just scored a TD? lol.. It was always one heck of catch so perhaps our TE's will get dialed in more. I suspect it's because AM doesn't see or has time to get all his reads without being pressured.... But yea we need to have all receivers in the mix.
 

HuSkaBob

Husker Geek
5 Year Member
Reimers was on the depth chart at the beginning of the year. I think Todd Honas is closer to playing right now, maybe Conor Young too.
 

bilsker

Tom Osborne
15 Year Member
Not sure what is going on, but if you aren't Stanley, JD, or Maurice, they don't seem to want to throw you the ball. The TE's might as well be tall pillars of invisibility.
Two catches and a TD for the TEs this week.

JD and Stanley are a couple all world security blankets for a frosh QB though so it isn't a surprise he looks to them more than others at this point. Once he knows the offense like the back of his hand I'm sure the distribution will improve.
 

coherbie

Starter
15 Year Member
that's the problem ... just haven't gotten Reimers enough touches this season

:Sarcasm:

happy BR got his 8th career grab late @ Wisky.
 

Huskermonsta

Red Shirt
2 Year Member
Two catches and a TD for the TEs this week.

JD and Stanley are a couple all world security blankets for a frosh QB though so it isn't a surprise he looks to them more than others at this point. Once he knows the offense like the back of his hand I'm sure the distribution will improve.
Pretty much sums a lot of it up. AM is a talented guy, shows poise and a demeanor that belies his age and that of a true freshmen playing for the first time this season in two years. Add the knowledge of knowing the offense inside and out with the experience he’s getting now to his talent and poise, the touches will get amped up for everyone.
Like you said in your next post, with the way JD and Morgan are playing, one would be crazy to not look there first.
 

Twelve String

Red Shirt
5 Year Member
If your name is not Morgan, Spielman or Washington the touches will be few and far between even if you are a second stringer. Those 3 have 65% of the all the catches thru 5 games. The other 35% are split between 10 players.

Reimers isn't listed on the two deep, so his opportunities will be few.
 
Reimers had that awesome TD against Oregon a couple of years ago, but I wouldn't say he's been much since then. Also, Stoll and Rafdal were thrown to several times on Saturday before they made a catch, so they're not being ignored like we may think.
 

Twelve String

Red Shirt
5 Year Member
Two catches and a TD for the TEs this week.

JD and Stanley are a couple all world security blankets for a frosh QB though so it isn't a surprise he looks to them more than others at this point. Once he knows the offense like the back of his hand I'm sure the distribution will improve.
I think you are spot on.

Looking at the number of receptions in year one of the Frost offense got me curious as to what the passing/receiving numbers looked like for UCF in 2016 and 2017.

Look at UCF receiving stats in 2016 when Milton was a freshman. 3 guys had over 20 catches. A couple of guys had 18. UCF had 14 receiving TDs.

Now, look at 2017. 6 guys had over 20 catches and one had 17. The number of receiving TDs was 38.

Milton’s completion percentage went from 57% to 67%,

Getting comfortable in the offense is a big deal for the QB and the receivers.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/central-florida/2016.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/central-florida/2017.html
 
Top