• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Reese Leitao Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but we need a recruit at TE from this class that can play right away and this kid was it. If we are in on someone better at this position maybe it's a blessing, but in my opinion this one hurts.

Be interested to see who this staff goes after to replace.

Oh I agree. A bit of a head scratcher as he could have stepped right in. Guess we are going to find out of they have a backup lined up

Last edited:
On the bright side it opens up a couple of more spots and in the end it might be a blessing in disguise based on who we are in on.

Worst would be losing a Roberts or McQuitty as but two examples.

Now you have done it. If they decommit...I will remember this particular post!! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

On the bright side it opens up a couple of more spots and in the end it might be a blessing in disguise based on who we are in on.

Worst would be losing a Roberts or McQuitty as but two examples.
I was attempting to look on the bright side. In terms of ratings Allen and Reese are virtually the same, and yes there are a couple of good services who think Allen is better. The suggestions that Reese could step right in and start as a true frosh are optimistic at best, and maybe slightly delusional.

Last edited:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but we need a recruit at TE from this class that can play right away and this kid was it. If we are in on someone better at this position maybe it's a blessing, but in my opinion this one hurts.

Be interested to see who this staff goes after to replace.

I'm with ya. This one hurts.

I was attempting to look on the bright side. In terms of ratings Allen and Reese are virtually the same, and yes there are a couple of good services who think Allen is better. The suggestions that Reese could step right in and start as a true frosh are optimistic at best.

No its not at that position.

No its not at that position.
That's certainly your opinion. I'm concerned that you have so little faith in the TEs already on the roster, or the coach's ability to develop them that you actually think an 18 year old could take the job.

Neither is leaving. Arguably the two most loyal recruits we have.

Every team has decommits expect for nine who do not of course. :)

I am not predicting that they will but we need some good news. At some point we will need to go after some Plan B players assuming they haven't committted to other teams.

I am not predicting that they will but we need some good news. At some point we will need to go after some Plan B players assuming they haven't committted to other teams.

After the Dead Period I suspect we shall see that.

Decommits happen to everyone. It is what it is. We have been lucky not to see any thus far.

Ah but I never said that. I simply said this kid has the talent to step in and play as a true Frosh based on the need at the position. Much like Trey Bryant.

That's certainly your opinion. I'm concerned that you have so little faith in the TEs already on the roster, or the coach's ability to develop them that you actually think an 18 year old could take the job.

It's not about faith or the coaches or the age. There will be 18 year olds playing before upperclassmen in the playoffs for some top coaches. I mean, it's not like we haven't had true freshman start before. It's not out of the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back