• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Reese Leitao Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scout now lists him as a soft verbal. He was recruited by Herman at Houston, so it's not like Herman is new to him.
They move everyone to a soft verbal if they are still taking visits.

I would imagine the staff says he has to take the visit before the dead period (this weekend) and let them know his decision. The dangerous part for us is he has a lot of "dead" time to ponder his recent visit to Texas.

The more I think about it, the more i'm ok with this kid doing it before the dead period. Don't get me wrong, we can't lose this guy. But it gives us time to re-evaluate some guys during the dead period and get them in in January to fill the spot. They may just not be as ready to go as Leitao.

The more I think about it, the more i'm ok with this kid doing it before the dead period. Don't get me wrong, we can't lose this guy. But it gives us time to re-evaluate some guys during the dead period and get them in in January to fill the spot. They may just not be as ready to go as Leitao.
Agree. Losing him now would be better than losing him the last weekend of January.

Agree. Losing him now would be better than losing him the last weekend of January.
Right, the Dez Fitzpatrick or Travis Lewis thing is something that we just can't afford to have happen. If Reese is gone, he's gone. In fact he probably is as there's no way we don't get a single decommitment this class. I would then have to recall the article where someone called Tavita Thompson our best recruiter.

Right, the Dez Fitzpatrick or Travis Lewis thing is something that we just can't afford to have happen. If Reese is gone, he's gone. In fact he probably is as there's no way we don't get a single decommitment this class. I would then have to recall the article where someone called Tavita Thompson our best recruiter.
Yep
They move everyone to a soft verbal if they are still taking visits.

I would imagine the staff says he has to take the visit before the dead period (this weekend) and let them know his decision. The dangerous part for us is he has a lot of "dead" time to ponder his recent visit to Texas.

Based on the timing of his visit, unless he posts something on social media which he doesn't do a lot of, we will have to wait until after the dead period for any indication. If new offers are going out to TE prospects, then we will know.

It's looking more and more like Guy Thomas could become a decommit as well.

Also, it bears noting the author of said article didn't necessarily call Thompson our best recruiter, just one that noted special mention for his accomplishments this cycle. At least that was my take.

Yep

Based on the timing of his visit, unless he posts something on social media which he doesn't do a lot of, we will have to wait until after the dead period for any indication. If new offers are going out to TE prospects, then we will know.

I'm not a recruiting guru, but can't a prospect initiate contact during the dead period still?

Also, anyone know if Donte was in on any big TE prospects or at least have some connections there?

I'm not a recruiting guru, but can't a prospect initiate contact during the dead period still?

Also, anyone know if Donte was in on any big TE prospects or at least have some connections there?

Yes, there can be written and electronic communication. The "we" I was referring to was the hungry fans who want to know what's going on.

Dead period
The dead period is the most restrictive. No in-person contact is allowed, even if a prospect makes a visit to the college campus. Written and electronic communications are still permitted.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...ball-recruiting-periods-dead-quiet-evaluation

As to D Williams having any leads to TE recruits, I cannot speak to that.

It's looking more and more like Guy Thomas could become a decommit as well.

Also, it bears noting the author of said article didn't necessarily call Thompson our best recruiter, just one that noted special mention for his accomplishments this cycle. At least that was my take.
Hadn't seen the Guy Thomas thing yet. Interesting. Would caution people that when you get highly rated recruits committed early there are going to be a ton of late pushes by teams which means ample opportunities for recruiting sites to try and sell subscriptions with click bait.

So it looks like Texa$$ is looking at him as a DE not a TE... is that right? Hopefully he wants to play TE more. And since his dad is a coach, hopefully he'll understand the recruiting game promises.

Leitao now has 3 CB's to Texas since he visited...

Nebraska has quite a bit of recruiting momentum...however it seems to be going in the wrong direction. Anyone that denies that our "current" recruiting momentum has come to a complete halt isn't being objective. As we all know in recruiting...things can change with one commitment.

Maybe he will still sign but it doesn't look/sound promising at this time.

With that being said, I am still crossing my fingers that we sign a really good class but we need some good news soon and I am trying to stay positive. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

This really hurts if he goes to Texas. I met Reese earlier this year. I think plays as a true freshman should he stay a Husker

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back