• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Reese Leitao Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Does that mean Matt Snyder, David Engelhaupt and Jack Stoll aren't coming along?
Engelhaupt looked the best out of the 3 but injuries are stalling the other two. Stoll didn't really even practice this year until end of October early November, so with a wrist problem S&C also fell behind. Not doom and gloom here but Engelhaupt who was the after thought late offer in the 2016 class may very well be showing the best of the scholarship TEs we have on the roster for 2017. Hoppes will be our starter next year.

Last edited:
Is that poll still open? If so, maybe it is time to move all new votes to our other verbal commit. Then again, wasn't he thinking about visiting OU?

Engelhaupt looked the best out of the 3 but injuries are stalling the other two. Stoll didn't really even practice this year until end of October early November, so with a wrist problem S&C also fell behind. Not doom and gloom here but Engelhaupt who was the after thought late offer in the 2016 class may very well be showing the best of the scholarship TEs we have on the roster for 2017. Hoppes will be our starter next year.

Hmm. Hopefully they all have a beast of a winter conditioning period and can make a jump in the spring. Any walkons capable of doing quality time?

Hmm. Hopefully they all have a beast of a winter conditioning period and can make a jump in the spring. Any walkons capable of doing quality time?
Hoppes, that's all we should count on. Leitao would challenge Engelhaupt in my opinion for that second spot but would play. Not sure there's a walk-on we will take that we should count on giving us any snaps in 2017.

I don't recall seeing that he took any other trips before committing to NU. Probably just wants to make sure he made the right decision. I'm not worried.

Last edited:
I don't recall seeing that he took any other trips before committing to NU. Probably just wants to make sure he made the right decision. I'm not worried.
He went to Bama, Oklahoma State, and others before committing to Nebraska. This is not just verifying his Nebraska decision, this is Texas trying to steal him with a new staff.

He went to Bama, Oklahoma State, and others before committing to Nebraska. This is not just verifying his Nebraska decision, this is Texas trying to steal him with a new staff.

They'll make a strong pitch. We might have to find someone else, which is almost impossible this late.

McNitt may need to play more of an H-back role. We need help here.

Last edited:

IMPO you should be. I don't think kids take visits this late in the process when they have been committed for months if they aren't taking a hard look at said school.

Tavita Thompson needs to dust off the Rolodex and call the next man up just in case...

They'll make a strong pitch. We might have to find someone else, which is almost impossible this late.

McNitt may need to play more of an H-back role. We need help here.
McNitt will definitely have an expanded role next year, we have options the cupboard isn't bare. But we need someone from 2017 to come in right away.

Scout now lists him as a soft verbal. He was recruited by Herman at Houston, so it's not like Herman is new to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back