• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Redshirt freshmen ready to break out

Bean

Grey Shirt
10 Year Member

"...offensive lineman Will Farniok is a young player in contention for a really big job. He's working at center, where he figures to be one of the lead options in fall camp. His background can't hurt. He's had brothers who have played at Oklahoma and Iowa State, and another sibling, Matt Farniok, who will be the leader of the Husker O-line this year as a junior. While Will Farniok (864th overall in the 247Sports composite) wasn't as highly rated as a recruit as Matt, Will's old coach at Washington High School in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, once said that "he might be the best athlete in the family." He's going to need to also be smart, and continue to build strength, if he wants to win a starting job and be "the glue of the offensive line" that his coach Greg Austin wants in a center. And even if he doesn't win the job, he needs to be at the ready for depth purposes. "

I'm really optimistic about our RSFrosh this year.

Farniok is a good prospect for us.

I'd add in a few other names:

Cam Jurgens
Miles Jones
Casey Rogers (playing time will be tough for the DL though)
Katerian LeGrone

Joe Johnson
AJ Forbes
Ryan Schommer
Wyatt Leiwer

Maybe a DB or two, but I haven't paid attention to the DB's enough from last year's class to guess really, though

Brody Belt

Cam Jurgens
Miles Jones
Katerian LeGrone

Joe Johnson
AJ Forbes
Ryan Schommer
Wyatt Leiwer

Maybe a DB or two, but I haven't paid attention to the DB's enough from last year's class to guess really, though

Brody Belt

I am definitely looking forward to seeing all of these guys. In some ways, their development is a litmus test for the health of the program. Player development has been a huge mantra of this coaching staff, in words. Now we get to see if the words translate to results.

Life in the Red: Notes from the Huskers' updated roster including an interesting redshirt number-7 Jan 2020

* The newest version on Huskers.com features 164 players (87 scholarship and 77 walk-ons).
* Of the 164 on the roster, 131 have joined the program in the two years since Scott Frost took over as head coach.
* A whopping 77 enter the 2020 season either as freshmen or redshirt freshmen. That number includes 40 scholarship freshmen and 37 walk-ons.
* It's taken a couple of unique situations, but of 123 players who were on the roster for 2019 — so everybody except for the new additions in December — there are only eight who have not used a redshirt.

Last edited:

Cam Jurgens
Miles Jones
Katerian LeGrone

Joe Johnson
AJ Forbes
Ryan Schommer
Wyatt Leiwer

Brody Belt

You might want to cross MIles Jones and Katerian LeGrone off your list. No longer on the team.

Life in the Red: Notes from the Huskers' updated roster including an interesting redshirt number-7 Jan 2020

* The newest version on Huskers.com features 164 players (87 scholarship and 77 walk-ons).
* Of the 164 on the roster, 131 have joined the program in the two years since Scott Frost took over as head coach.
* A whopping 77 enter the 2020 season either as freshmen or redshirt freshmen. That number includes 40 scholarship freshmen and 37 walk-ons.
* It's taken a couple of unique situations, but of 123 players who were on the roster for 2019 — so everybody except for the new additions in December — there are only eight who have not used a redshirt.
:wow:

80% of the roster are his guys.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back