• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Red/White scrimmage

My son and I were going to try to attend this, but the final fall football practice that we get to attend is also tomorrow night. The football practice was scheduled from 7:00-8:00 pm, with entry into the stadium at 6:30. We decided not to do the volleyball scrimmage because of the time conflict. They just sent out an email stating that the football practice has been changed to 8:00-9:00 pm.

I just called the ticket office, and we are now going to the volleyball scrimmage. We weren't able to get him a free ticket since he is on the JV Team, but we got two seats in Section 1, Row 4, Seats 1-2. It's going to be a fun night!

The Nebraska volleyball team held its 2019 Red-White Scrimmage on Saturday night in front of a crowd of 7,946 at the Bob Devaney Sports Center. The Red team won all three sets that were played, 25-18, 25-21, 25-19.

Capri Davis, who started on the White team and played the third set with the Red team, put up 18 combined kills while hitting .467. Lexi Sun finished with 10 kills, and Callie Schwarzenbach had 10 kills on .467 hitting for the Red team. Madi Kubik had nine kills, playing sets one and two with the Red team and set three with the White team.

Nicklin Hames had 29 assists and eight digs to lead the victorious Red squad. Lauren Stivrins was perfect with seven kills on seven swings with five blocks. Jazz Sweet had five kills. In addition to Davis posting 16 kills through the first two sets with the White team, Riley Zuhn finished with four kills on .300 hitting.

Kenzie Knuckles and Megan Miller each had eight digs. Nicole Drewnick set the White team and had 25 assists and seven digs.

During the intermission, junior Hayley Densberger received the team's Lifter of the Year award, as voted on by her teammates.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back