• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Red Sox Meltdown.

If a train left Boston heading south at 100 mph and another train left New York going north at 100 mph.....approximately where would they hit in a head on collision - thus setting off a celebration across the baseball world.....Go Brew Crew !!!! lol

Last edited:

If a train left Boston heading south at 100 mph and another train left New York going north at 100 mph.....approximately where would they hit in a head on collision - thus setting off a celebration across the baseball world.....Go Brew Crew !!!! lol

:thumbsup:

I think they are just bored and coasting right now.

it's somewhere in the middle.

the phillies did wrap up everything possible -- home field throughout -- that there was absolutely no motivation left. and they have liberally rested bats. but, i'm certain there is no way they wanted a big losing streak heading into the playoffs -- there is something mental about that. granted, they are a veteran group who can turn it back on much easier than a young, inexperienced team -- but still....

i do know that a couple of weeks ago -- when the phillies played the braves and brewers in back-to-back series, the phillies turned it on big time -- winning 6 of 7 and basically clinching everything -- so they do have it in them.

we will see. but you certainly can't call it a choke when they've clinched home field throughout (not that you did).

Last edited:
Bwaaaaaahhh haaa haa!

Bosox choke big time. I love seeing Pappelbon gag away the Red sox season...don't know why but I don't like that guy.

The downside is that I'd rather see a limping Red Sox in the playoffs than a hot Rays team. But the epic meltdown of the sox was worth it.

http://sports.myway.com/news/09292011/v3201.html

[FONT=verdana,sans-serif]The Boston Red Sox completed their September collapse in horrific and historic fashion, falling out of the playoff chase by allowing two ninth-inning runs in a 4-3 loss to the Baltimore Orioles on Wednesday night. [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,sans-serif] The Red Sox held a nine-game lead in the AL wild-card race after Sept. 3, but a 7-19 swoon left them tied with Tampa Bay entering the final day of the regular season. [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,sans-serif] Only minutes after this game ended, the Rays completed their comeback from a 7-0 deficit with an 8-7 win over the New York Yankees in 12 innings. [/FONT]

I normally never come to the baseball board but tonite I had to make an exception.

so much for the phillies choking.... head into ATL for the final series of the season -- a HUGE series for the braves, which they only needed to win one game -- and the phillies (with basically nothing to play for) swept the braves. ATL can be thankful that the red sox collapsed out-shined their own ... the braves collapse was also epic.

It seems only fitting that the New York Yankees did their part to help ensure that the Red Sox would not make the playoffs. Go Os! :)

The regular season is over. The Boston RedSox just completed perhaps the biggest choke job in the history of baseball. At the beginning of Septemer the Red Sox had a 9 game lead over Tampa and ended up finishing behing them. WOW. The Red Sox will go home. The Rays will go to the playoffs and play probably Texas.

I'm more excited about the Cardinals. I love the fact that they too came from behind to win a playoff spot. The Cardinals are the team I will be rooting for in the postseason.

Last edited:
I love that fact that the yankees had a hand in it. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. If the Red Sox want to make beef over Girardi's use of mostly A ball players, then they can also look at the last series WITH BOSTON and see that the same strategy was applied. Boston lost this all on their own. And yes, I would love to have the tear stained Pappelbon jersey.

I was at a bar last night filled with Yankee fans. I've never heard a fan base cheer their own loss like that!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back