• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Red-hot Dempsey scores again: 11 goals in his last 13 games

Fulham manager Martin Jol insists the club have not become over-reliant on Clint Dempsey's goals....go figure...:) :)

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,,16470_7459149,00.html
I knew you'd get around to posting this today :) it will be interesting to see if Dempsey can handle the pressures that will come with a move to a high-level side such as one of the Manchester clubs, Chelsea or Liverpool. Single-handedly changing the perception of American soccer players in England? Oh and Fulham is incredibly reliant on Clint's goals :lol:

I don't know any of these Hockey teams that you all are talking about on here!:stickouttongue:

He is not moving anywhere....and he has showed he can play at that level on the international scence....so he has nothing to prove....FWIW its harder to do what he has at a club like Fulham than with a sold called 'big' club....he has no where near the talent around him that they do at those clubs...as I have often said to English friends and family how would Wayne Rooney do with Fulham or Bolton? Not so good I suspect...

You end up being a squad player at those clubs anyway...and at his age 28 (will be 29 in March) they are not going to lust after him....they want younger talent....

The system is broken anyway with so many clubs with money troubles...but that is another story.....

I knew you'd get around to posting this today :) it will be interesting to see if Dempsey can handle the pressures that will come with a move to a high-level side such as one of the Manchester clubs, Chelsea or Liverpool. Single-handedly changing the perception of American soccer players in England? Oh and Fulham is incredibly reliant on Clint's goals :lol:

Last edited:
So red, it looks like Fulham play clint at a central forward type position, think we might try that with him. I know that is where we normally see Jozy, but Dempsey seems to relish that spot...i say go for it, it cannot hurt

Actually they play him mostly in midfield at Fulham....

Altidore is having a breakout season in the Dutch league....has scored 11 goals in 21 games in all competitions....and his club is into the later rounds of the Europa League where he has scored 6 of those goals...

So I would have to disagree with you...

So red, it looks like Fulham play clint at a central forward type position, think we might try that with him. I know that is where we normally see Jozy, but Dempsey seems to relish that spot...i say go for it, it cannot hurt

Actually they play him mostly in midfield at Fulham....

Altidore is having a breakout season in the Dutch league....has scored 11 goals in 21 games in all competitions....and his club is into the later rounds of the Europa League where he has scored 6 of those goals...

So I would have to disagree with you...

I haven't watched any Fulham games was just basing it on the highlights where it looked like he was in the center. Also, glad to hear Altidore is progressing and doing well in Europa League, I know he is still young and just needs a chance

Deuce is featured out of the midfield....

He is sixth in the EPL with 10 goals...

Robin Van PersieArsenal19
Demba BaNewcastle15
Sergio AgüeroMan City14
Wayne RooneyMan United13
Edin DžekoMan City11
Gareth BaleTottenham10
Clint DempseyFulham10

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

Altidore most folks don't even realize is still only 22....in the Dutch League he is getting the 'blooding' he needs....the league is famous for that...

I haven't watched any Fulham games was just basing it on the highlights where it looked like he was in the center. Also, glad to hear Altidore is progressing and doing well in Europa League, I know he is still young and just needs a chance

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back