• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Recruiting Update

Pure speculation on my end, but I think the coaches like Payne over Coates and Riley. It appears we only want one JuCo defensive lineman. I think if the coaches allowed Julius Coates and Jordon Riley to commit, they'd be N. Coates decommitted from Colorado the day after the coaches visit. Riley claimed that he was shutting down recruitment after he visited Lincoln. Neither ended up committing though.

I'd be happy to be wrong and end up with Coates though.

*Edit Jordon Riley is committed to Nebraska!
I wonder if both Riley and Coates were told that they would only take one of them and 1st one in was Riley.

I am probably totally wrong, should keep my mouth shut and just listen to the experts on recruiting.

I am probably totally wrong, should keep my mouth shut and just listen to the experts on recruiting.
We're all trying to learn at the same time. I try to follow the numbers pretty closely, but I'm wrong more often than I like to admit. That's why I enjoy bouncing ideas off each other. Helps us all learn. Rules seem to change every year. Maybe one day this whole crazy recruiting concept will make sense.

That's a heck of a group, if we could get (3) of those would be pretty good. 4 would be incredible and not sure if we can take more than 4 can we? We could also get an unexpected defection (hopefully not). GBR and thanks for sharing
You are welcome. This would be an outstanding finish.

@ksuhusker -- Not an expert like N2FL or others on the board. But just looking at Rivals, I think #15 would be about the best you can hope for … there will be some movement behind us such as Tennessee and others adding players tomorrow.

I'm very pleased how the staff is closing right and have my fingers crossed to see NU land at #16 or #17 … sure didn't look good just a few weeks ago when we were sitting on about 13 or 14 commits.

Last edited:

@ksuhusker -- Not an expert like N2FL or others on the board. But just looking at Rivals, I think #15 would be about the best you can hope for … there will be some movement behind us such as Tennessee and others adding players tomorrow.

I'm very pleased how the staff is closing right and have my fingers crossed to see NU land at #16 or #17 … sure didn't look just a few weeks ago when we were sitting on about 13 or 14 commits.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back