• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Recruiting Speed...2019--Johnson (N), Nance (N), Anderson; 2020--Maessner Commits to Princeton

If his family's income is middle class or lower (say $100,000/year), he will pay very little for the actual costs of school. Princeton still requires undergrads to stay in the dorms for all four years, so that will also be mostly covered. There will still be a lot of expenses for everyday college life that he would have to cover, but it would be roughly the same as those same expenses if he had to travel across country to attend a Vo-tech school. If he's being recruited with the expectation that he'll play football--which appears to be the case--there will be grants tied to that as well, and those aren't necessarily tied to family income/ability to pay.

He's going to get a very sweet deal.

Keep in mind that all of the above is based on the assumption that his family's household income is not much above the median.
Since the median income of the U.S. is about $60,000.00, I would say $100,000.00 is quite a ways above middle class. (Just my 2 cents).:nod:

Last edited:

I live in Kearney but the only thing I know about family is dad was former professional soccer and was woman's soccer coach at UNK.

Ivy League Schools do not offer academic scholarships
Can confirm this - only need based. Getting in makes you special enough to get Academic scholarships everywhere else (or so they think). There are also grants, work-study, and directed scholarships from non-university institutions that are available to students. Oh and loans - big loans! For some students with need, Ivy League schools can be less expensive than full ride to UNL.

Last edited:
Can confirm this - only need based. Getting in makes you special enough to get Academic scholarships everywhere else (or so they think). There are also grants, work-study, and directed scholarships from non-university institutions that are available to students. Oh and loans - big loans! For some students with need, Ivy League schools can be less expensive than full ride to UNL.

Thanks.

Ivies are expensive, but they also have huge endowments and many alums that contribute to the schools major bucks without asking for anything in return. I went to one of the best without any family money and left with my degree and no debts. Some of them are better at that than others -- Princeton is one with plenty of money, not as much as the one I attended, but still plenty of money. I suspect he wil have a great experience, and if he tires of athletics, it won't change the financial support.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back