• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Recruiting Rankings

KSBV

Recruit
2 Year Member
It is interesting to see the huge hits and misses on the ranking of recruits made by the "experts". Interestingly, on Rivals, Patrick Mahomes was a three-star coming out of high school and Travis Kelce was only a two-star.

It is interesting to see the huge hits and misses on the ranking of recruits made by the "experts". Interestingly, on Rivals, Patrick Mahomes was a three-star coming out of high school and Travis Kelce was only a two-star.
Apparently, Rivals must be ultra-sensitive about anyone commenting on their recruit rating misses--although I have never mentioned their name in any post anywhere, shortly after this one, they locked me out.

I equate it like this. Some can grow a damn beard in 8th grade, for others, it might not happen until college. It’s about work and development and want to. Some peak at 18, and others peak at 28.
Perfect example. Christian Watson, current rookie starting WR for the Green Bay Packers, flew way under the radar. He was 5'9" as a freshman in high school, didn't play much until he was a 6'2" senior so not much tape on him. Went to NDSU. Now at 6'5", a second round pick in the NFL draft. Ran a 4.36 40.

Perfect example. Christian Watson, current rookie starting WR for the Green Bay Packers, flew way under the radar. He was 5'9" as a freshman in high school, didn't play much until he was a 6'2" senior so not much tape on him. Went to NDSU. Now at 6'5", a second round pick in the NFL draft. Ran a 4.36 40.
Indeed so. Some just aren’t ready at 17, 18 years old yet. Many have the potential, but they don’t look like LeBron James at 17. Check back when they are 19, 20 years old. It matters. Key is finding those guys who will grow, bigger, faster and get stronger after 19. That’s why there are so many 2-3* players in the NFL.

Indeed so. Some just aren’t ready at 17, 18 years old yet. Many have the potential, but they don’t look like LeBron James at 17. Check back when they are 19, 20 years old. It matters. Key is finding those guys who will grow, bigger, faster and get stronger after 19. That’s why there are so many 2-3* players in the NFL.
Think about a slightly undersized kid excelling in HS, thus 2-3 star who as he grows just keeps excelling. He never knows any difference, the game hasnt changed, but by his junior/senior year,everyone else, including the best has slowed in their growth, these kids go next level yet again.

I think MR and staff have a plan for these kids as well as a 'nose' for them,at least thats the track record.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back