• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Recruiting Domino Effect

Kwajsker

Scout Team
What do people see happening when things open back up?

Will we have a bunch of visits this summer? Some had been lined up previously, so it will be interesting to see who we bring in over this summer. Any guesses from those who know?

A lot of recruits have been sitting back and waiting and it will be interesting to see what happens in this area for us. How many guys have said things like "I talk to the coaches every day..." and similar? Wouldn't surprise me to see a lot of local guys come, but would we have to test them before they can take a visit? How do you manage all of that?

I think you'll see a backlog of planned visits try to get crammed in before fall camp if restrictions allow. Guys like Marcus Mbow have been trying to visit unsuccessfully and will want to come to campus sooner rather than later. Could also see guys like Tobechi Okoli, Mandela Tobin, Jaylin Noel, Christian Burkhalter, and others come in that timeframe.

I see a lot more decommits this year, probably double or even more than a normal year. Mostly due to prospects securing a spot then waiting to see what happens in the immediate future.
I agree. It's one of the main reasons I'm not very worried about our class just yet. I think there will be a lot of moving pieces when things open up and kids who are free to explore more options will start doing that.

Last edited:

I see a lot more decommits this year, probably double or even more than a normal year. Mostly due to prospects securing a spot then waiting to see what happens in the immediate future.
I hope this is the case for a number of teams that seem to be way ahead of us in quantity (and in some cases quality as well). Maybe our "slow and steady" approach will pay off with fewer de-commitments and less drama.

I hope this is the case for a number of teams that seem to be way ahead of us in quantity (and in some cases quality as well). Maybe our "slow and steady" approach will pay off with fewer de-commitments and less drama.
Keep reading about our upgrade of talent but don’t see it in the win,loss column.Either the analysts were incorrect,or they are not being coached up.Jmo.Keep the faith.GBR.

What do people see happening when things open back up?

Will we have a bunch of visits this summer? Some had been lined up previously, so it will be interesting to see who we bring in over this summer. Any guesses from those who know?

A lot of recruits have been sitting back and waiting and it will be interesting to see what happens in this area for us. How many guys have said things like "I talk to the coaches every day..." and similar? Wouldn't surprise me to see a lot of local guys come, but would we have to test them before they can take a visit? How do you manage all of that?
Tons of decommits but I’m slightly worried for us due to the fact that the NCAA extended the dead period to the end of July which would be just before fall camp. Typically fall camp is a dead period as well so no officials until the season started. Not ideal. But there’s going to be kids who just hurried to get a spot somewhere looking around.

Keep reading about our upgrade of talent but don’t see it in the win,loss column.Either the analysts were incorrect,or they are not being coached up.Jmo.Keep the faith.GBR.
The analysts are certainly wrong on ocassion, and there is also some "bad luck" with injuries, off field problems, etc. Over the last five years though, I would say lack of development is by far the biggest problem we have.

The analysts are certainly wrong on ocassion, and there is also some "bad luck" with injuries, off field problems, etc. Over the last five years though, I would say lack of development is by far the biggest problem we have.
Ding Ding Ding. Winner winner chicken dinner

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back