• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

recruit DJ Carton = visitor for today's game > Ohio ST

BGRed

Blackshirt
20 Year Member
Just saw him play Friday night. He's the only sophomore starter on a team in Class 4A (Iowa's large school class). Teammates with Mark Kallenberger (Iowa FB recruit) and played against Joe Weiskamp (Iowa BB recruit). He played very well and did some good things on the court. To be honest, I was more focused on other players, not realizing that he was on the Husker radar. I'll try to pay more attention at future games.

My son is an 8th grader in the same school system; I suppose he could be teammates with Carton in a couple of years with some hard work.

upload_2017-1-8_9-39-6.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone to keep an eye on. I'm not a scout by any means, but his floor vision is off-the-charts good in some of the footage I've seen.

I didn't realize he is also the team's leading scorer until just looking it up now. They do have a balanced offense and do not rely on him.

upload_2017-1-8_10-26-55.png

upload_2017-1-8_10-27-50.png

upload_2017-1-8_10-28-20.png

Last edited:

Awesome to see such balance at that level.

It is fun to watch team basketball instead of 1v1 matchups like the pros (and much college) is becoming.

Bettendorf coach is defensive-minded and had Lane on Iowa recruit Weiskamp (a junior). From our local paper summary, "Wieskamp, an Iowa recruit who came in averaging 29.6 points per game, was an uncharacteristic 3 of 15 from the field and finished with 15 points to go along with 10 rebounds."

Watching Kallenberger at 6'7" and 250 in the post was quite interesting as well. He's a big, strong kid and he should be another solid O-lineman for the Hawkeyes.

I would literally just foul them the entire second half. At least Carton can shoot free throws in high school.

Adding a comment about Iowa recruit Weiskamp, who was held to 15 points in the game we attended against our local high school.

Tonight's line for Weiskamp:
17-26 FGs (6-10 3s), 7-7 FTs, 47 points, 11 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 steals, game-winning 3-point play in a 72-69 final.

Huskers will have their hands full within in a couple more years (he is only a junior).

No new updates on Carton recently.

I think we are way behind on this...even if there was any interest at the beginning.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back