• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Recipes for Super Bowl Sunday

DIHRDHskr

Scout Team
10 Year Member
I'd like to see what everyone is fixing for their parties. We're doing a smoked brisket, wings, veggies and all, but here is one that is nice and simple and everyone enjoys.

Hot Shrimp Dip

3 (8 oz) packages of Cream Cheese
1 medium Tomato chopped
1 medium Onion chopped
1 small can Green Chilies chopped
3 medium Jalapenos chopped (more or less for desired hotness)
6-12 oz of Small Salad Shrimp
Place all ingredients in crock pot and let it meld together.
Serve with Frito’s or regular Corn Chips

I'd like to see what everyone is fixing for their parties. We're doing a smoked brisket, wings, veggies and all, but here is one that is nice and simple and everyone enjoys.

Hot Shrimp Dip

3 (8 oz) packages of Cream Cheese
1 medium Tomato chopped
1 medium Onion chopped
1 small can Green Chilies chopped
3 medium Jalapenos chopped (more or less for desired hotness)
6-12 oz of Small Salad Shrimp
Place all ingredients in crock pot and let it meld together.
Serve with Frito’s or regular Corn Chips

I've done something nearly identical with shredded chicken breast and was thinking of trying it with lump crab.

How could that be bad! I know I have gained 10 pounds over this football season. Sunday will be my last blow-out before I get back to getting in shape.... a less round shape! :Biggrin:

Picked up a 10lb prime rib yesterday for the sandwiches. I will be comatose by the end of the game.

I will be making the following (recipes will follow)

- Jamaican Jerk, grilled wings
- Corn fritters
- Grilled, bacon wrapped, cream cheese stuffed jalapenos
- King's World Famous potato salad (I'm not a big fan of potato salad but this stuff is the bomb-diggity)
- House made guac with freshly made corn chips
- Assorted, locally sourced sausages on the grill

Man, now my mouth is watering. Tonight, I'm grilling some peach/mango/habanero wings for the first time. I hope they taste as good as they sound.

I went with apple wood smoked baby back ribs. A brown sugar based rub the night before (membrane removed of course). Had an apple juice mop and made a homemade BBQ sauce.

For my sauce I try and do it in 3's. 3 sources of heat (hot sauce, chili powder and horseradish in this case) and 3 sources of sweet (molasses, onion and dark brown sugar). Plus, of course, mustard, worsh. sauce, touch of vinegar and some other things I'm forgetting. Pureed, I didn't want onion and garlic clove chunks in my sauce.

Smoked at 225 for 5 hours. Came out about perfect. Great heat and sweetness. Coupled it with twice baked potatoes and Italian bread cut into small quarters (not cut through on the cook) covered in cheese and garlic plus some Italian seasoning).

Very delish.

I went with apple wood smoked baby back ribs. A brown sugar based rub the night before (membrane removed of course). Had an apple juice mop and made a homemade BBQ sauce.

For my sauce I try and do it in 3's. 3 sources of heat (hot sauce, chili powder and horseradish in this case) and 3 sources of sweet (molasses, onion and dark brown sugar). Plus, of course, mustard, worsh. sauce, touch of vinegar and some other things I'm forgetting. Pureed, I didn't want onion and garlic clove chunks in my sauce.

Smoked at 225 for 5 hours. Came out about perfect. Great heat and sweetness. Coupled it with twice baked potatoes and Italian bread cut into small quarters (not cut through on the cook) covered in cheese and garlic plus some Italian seasoning).

Very delish.

Oh man, I want some ribs so badly, right now. Sounds delicious, dude.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back