• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Receiver injuries!

I mean I guess someone could have posted an old photo, or perhaps he renovated his basement to look like a Nebraska locker room....

Unless you have some inside info that he isn't on the team that you would love to share :thumbsup:
Amazon.com: John F Kennedy JFK Suit and Tie Color Photo Art Photos Artwork  8x10: Photographs

Is JFK still alive because I posted this today? ;)

In all seriousness, he's a dude that we really need to keep around. His injuries and a couple incidents had him pretty down in the dumps and we were doing everything we could to keep him around. Sometimes it works like with Eric Crouch and hopefully Omar Manning, other times it doesn't like JD Spielman, Aaron Green, etc.

As I had stated a few days ago, once we got to start game prepping or him seeing guys he was battling with everyday playing against Ohio State it could really help get him back on board. Football practices suck. Getting prepared for football games in the weight room sucks. School sucks for some kids. I think now that we are installing, things are going much better. Hoping to see him at Ohio State with us. Frost needs to be a bit careful with how he handles it (don't let it spiral to a Washington situation) but the reason Manning was out is much different than Mo. Team wants him back. Team needs him back. Hoping to see him go off for 100 yards against the Buckeyes.

Nebraska has always struggled with WR recruiting, hasn't it? I don't know if I can recall a time when the room felt really "stacked" with talent. We've had good players, for sure, but never a room full of dawgs. Pelini era around the time Kenny Bell was playing might be the best instance. Didn't he and Quincy overlap?

I remember way back when, being really excited about Johnny Mitchell, thinking to myself – holy cow, this guy can really catch the football!?!
I think Riley's first year or late in the Pelini era we were pretty good. You had four stars Westerkamp, Moore, and Morgan, DPE and Brandon Reilly to help fill some voids, and your TE was Cethan Carter. That's pretty lethal.

View attachment 53276

In all seriousness, he's a dude that we really need to keep around. His injuries and a couple incidents had him pretty down in the dumps and we were doing everything we could to keep him around. Sometimes it works like with Eric Crouch and hopefully Omar Manning, other times it doesn't like JD Spielman, Aaron Green, etc.

As I had stated a few days ago, once we got to start game prepping or him seeing guys he was battling with everyday playing against Ohio State it could really help get him back on board. Football practices suck. Getting prepared for football games in the weight room sucks. School sucks for some kids. I think now that we are installing, things are going much better. Hoping to see him at Ohio State with us. Frost needs to be a bit careful with how he handles it (don't let it spiral to a Washington situation) but the reason Manning was out is much different than Mo. Team wants him back. Team needs him back. Hoping to see him go off for 100 yards against the Buckeyes.
That was a lot of words to say "who knows" :Lol:

Whatever Manning is dealing with I really hope he gets it worked out. He's the kind of dude we've been missing from this offense.

YES! I was more looking at stars though just because I felt that's what people were looking at. I thought Beck always did a pretty good job of using players skills appropriately. Bell stretch the field, Enunwa over the middle, Westerkamp possession guy always in the right spot.

I know Turner always seemed to show flashed but not reach his potential, but imagine him in this offense. And he was essentially the 4th option at WR in 2013.

View attachment 53276

It sounds like he has missed a lot of time in an already jacked up offseason. Do you think he could realistically play week 1 at this point?

It sounds like he has missed a lot of time in an already jacked up offseason. Do you think he could realistically play week 1 at this point?
That's kind of what I was mentioning where Frost needs to be a bit careful. He's missed time so hasn't put in the work some other guys have, so don't ruin the chemistry by just playing him right away week 1. That said, he's such a special talent that all you have to do is not start him but give him the rock on the second or third series and all the missed practices will be history. Just gotta keep him around.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back