• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Reason for the snapping issues? Ferentz disagrees.

Frost didn't make excuses, and certainly not all the ones you're listing here. Calm down. He pointed out that Iowa spent some time cheating in the first half, and the officials took care of it for the second half. Simple.
Maybe your spin is correct but it didn’t play that way on ESPN with time given to Ferentz mocking us for the accusation. You can hate on ESPN but they are national so I see no reason for them to favor Iowa over us. Fact of the matter is we have no good evidence that they simulated our snaps and it doesn’t excuse our bad snaps. The one we snapped when AM wasn’t ready was on us as no one other than Jurgens moved on that play. So if clapping on Iowa’s sideline was an issue it was only for our center. O

Maybe your spin is correct but it didn’t play that way on ESPN with time given to Ferentz mocking us for the accusation. You can hate on ESPN but they are national so I see no reason for them to favor Iowa over us. Fact of the matter is we have no good evidence that they simulated our snaps and it doesn’t excuse our bad snaps. The one we snapped when AM wasn’t ready was on us as no one other than Jurgens moved on that play. So if clapping on Iowa’s sideline was an issue it was only for our center. O
Could be. One thing I know for certain is that some Nebraska fans will blow it out of proportion.

they may have been cheating, but SF sounds like a whiny, wimpy crybaby. Not a good look for our program. One is not required to answer everything based on top of mind. Have some restraint and self respect for yourself and the young men you are coaching. Get on the bus for the 3 hour ride to lincoln and complain to your wife about it over dinner. The laughingstock that is this program is only aggravated by your complaining.

This excuse was a disgrace.

Plus — if you’re going to talk about excuses, maybe talk about why you left Reimer in the game after that ridiculous cheap shot. Should have pulled his helmet right there. You know the injury the next play was retaliation and he deserved it. He’s lucky he didn’t leave the field on a freaking stretcher.

Could be. One thing I know for certain is that some Nebraska fans will blow it out of proportion.

And Nebraska is the butt of the joke these days. Nationally-speaking. That’s why ESPN would focus on Kirk’s side of the story.

Last edited:
Outstanding. If 70k were in the stands, apparently there would be less distractions for our center to concern himself with. Proof positive we’re playing chess while the opposition is playing checkers.
That is a good point. With 77k in the stands, sideline clapping is just background noise. In an empty stadium, not so much. That said it still doesn't explain the bad snaps.

They were simulating the snap. Did it make a game changing difference? Probably not. Time to move on.

They were simulating the snap. Did it make a game changing difference? Probably not. Time to move on.
In a one score game a lost series because of a bad snap can be the difference. I'd bet bad snaps have stopped a 8-10 drives in the past two years. Whether Iowa was doing something un-sportsmen like is hard to say but sounds like the refs agreed and put a stop to it.

I would expect a coach to deny cheating, regardless of how small the infraction.

I think a better question would be to ask Ferentz whether his staff was approached by the refs about the offense. Either the refs discussed the problem with Ferentz or they didn’t.

The video provided above clearly shows the clapping on one play. the only question is whether it was done specifically to throw off the timing.

Those who think this couldn’t possibly impact the location of the snap are not thinking things through. If you are the center and you know you’re QB is still in his pre-snap read but all of the sudden you hear the snap signal, that could definitely take you by surprise and cause you to rush the snap thinking you are already late. We would have to hear Jurgen’s explanation to know what the problem was.
I just want you to think about what you’re saying. If we can’t learn to snap a football to a cadence 4 feet behind you...we got serious problems. And let’s not forget, these snapping issues existed well before Iowa tried to “confuse us with clapping.”

I don’t know what they did at halftime but Jurgens played the whole second half and he had no bad snaps. So they did something that corrected it.
I feel that Jurgens is a square peg in they are trying to fit him in a round hole. If he cannot be consistent at Center, then you are not utilizing the kid to his full potential, and that is not a player issue. I would even argue that is not his fault.

I feel that Jurgens is a square peg in they are trying to fit him in a round hole. If he cannot be consistent at Center, then you are not utilizing the kid to his full potential, and that is not a player issue. I would even argue that is not his fault.
This is my feeling too. Last year...you give it a pass. Year two...you might want to think about where this kid really belongs. Is he quick enough to play on the D-line? Can move to another position on the 0-Line? Just seems like SF is convinced he's the future at center. Not sure many others are as certain.

I wasn’t really making a judgment one way or the other I was just stating what happened.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back