• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Reason for the snapping issues? Ferentz disagrees.

Because this isn’t a big deal and just an excuse.

EXACTLY...
The more I see some of the excuses our coaches etc.. use, the more I realize that we can come across as freaking whiny and I would’ve never thought that before. So you’re telling me that you can’t differentiate a clap from your quarterback who’s right behind your arse...... vs someone on the sideline....
I have to call BS.
And it might be different, might.....
If said C didn’t snap wildly for two straight freaking years..

Turf toe
Phantom clapping....
GMAFB...

Very disappointed in my perception of Frosts “accountability” for his team. I can’t imagine Saban whining about snaps..... My God.....

Last edited:

EXACTLY...
The more I see some of the excuses our coaches etc.. use, the more I realize that we can come across as freaking whiny and I would’ve never thought that before. So you’re telling me that you can’t differentiate a clap from your quarterback who’s right behind your arse...... vs someone on the sideline....
I have to call BS.
And it might be different, might.....
If said C didn’t snap widely for two straight freaking years..

Turf toe
Phantom clapping....
GMAFB...

Very disappointed in my perception of Frosts “accountability” for his team. I can’t imagine Saban whining about snaps..... My God.....
Frost didn't make excuses, and certainly not all the ones you're listing here. Calm down. He pointed out that Iowa spent some time cheating in the first half, and the officials took care of it for the second half. Simple.

Frost didn't make excuses, and certainly not all the ones you're listing here. Calm down. He pointed out that Iowa spent some time cheating in the first half, and the officials took care of it for the second half. Simple.

I respect your opinion.
I still think we have gravitated toward whiny and making excuses. And I will absolutely hold true on that if a coach/player etc.. on the sideline can get our center to snap prematurely that’s an excuse. Hell, I don’t even know why they bothered as he doesn’t need any help being errant...

Just a bad look imo....
Just like we’re turning a corner....
We’re young...
Blah blah blah....
Maybe some of that’s true, hell....maybe all of it’s true...

But here is what is indisputable...
We are a team that consistently loses.

Been watching centers lately - most (those who don't seem to make a bad snap) have their hand on the ball and it goes straight back - from ball on the ground - they don't move their body until the snapping motion is done and they don't pick up the ball and snap. Jurgens often moves his body to his block as he is snapping. The high one over Martinez's head today against Iowa he picked the ball up and then snapped it. Second half he kept the ball on the ground and his snaps were better. Problem is that this has become a complex for him - like the yips in putting. Jurgens has had problems prior to any clapping going on.

they may have been cheating, but SF sounds like a whiny, wimpy crybaby. Not a good look for our program. One is not required to answer everything based on top of mind. Have some restraint and self respect for yourself and the young men you are coaching. Get on the bus for the 3 hour ride to lincoln and complain to your wife about it over dinner. The laughingstock that is this program is only aggravated by your complaining.

This excuse was a disgrace.

Last edited:
When you watch the video you can see the Iowa guy clapping in what looks like a cadence that will cause the timing problem. I think HCSF statement is getting misconstrued as to the accuracy

Of course. We lost the game. We have a habit of turning on our coaches and players in times of strife, looking for anything to complain about with regard to our coaches. I’m certain this board has given the clap issue 1000 times more import than Frost did or ever would.

24E49A97-F1F6-4E5D-937F-087DB99E6267.jpeg

Seems pretty clear from the twitter video someone posted earlier in this thread that the cheating is real. I know Jurgens was having issues with his snaps, but there were a couple that were just early and this is obviously why.

This makes me hate Iowa even more. We do enough beating ourselves every week, it’d be nice if the other team wasn’t cheating too. I mean, c’mon, do you really need to cheat to beat us at this point? Bush league. Ferentz is a jerk. I can’t wait until we unload on him and his racist son. Some day it’ll come around and we will not let up. It’ll be an epic blowout and I’ll love every second of it.

Last edited:

The fact of the matter is you have to adapt. Why in the world if this is a problem can our coach not instruct our QB to use a verbal snap count is beyond me. No problems using clapping, but mute point if we flip to verbal when this happens.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back