• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Read from the elite. Not much good

I sure hope you’re correct but I’d like to point out that OSU hasn't missed a beat since Meyer retired and Day took the helm. Besides that Bama would be a dream job for ANY Coach. I only reference Ohio State as they are much more similar to Alabama than Nebraska is or was after Dr Tom retired. All those schools have to do is walk out their door and they’re stumbling over 5* recruits. I hope that after the Saban era comes to an end that Bama Fan gets humbled, they’re long overdue!

Urban Meyer : 82-9

Ryan Day: 23-2
It usually takes a few years for the impact of new coaches to be felt. Ryan Day is not that great of a coach.

I wouldn’t know, never recalled a football coach starting his head coaching career in major college football going 23-2… Time will tell.
I think Day has done a pretty great job of being a recruiter. But his teams have been soft both years. In fact, after our game against them last year we were thinking we would beat a lot of teams.

Also for those who say Nebraska is no longer relevant in the college football world, the OP is a link to an Alabama fan, on an Alabama message board, starting a thread about the retirement of Nebraska's Athletic Director.

Last edited:

Also for those who say Nebraska is no longer relevant in the college football world, the OP is a link to an Alabama fan, on an Alabama message board, starting a thread about the retirement of Nebraska's Athletic Director.
Nebraska is still very relevant with people thirty and older. They still remember when Nebraska was good. We haven’t all died yet. Now if they suck for twenty more years we might never come back.

Larry Coker started off pretty hot for the Canes, even won that Natty against us. A few years later he had worn out his time there.
Yep you found one, good catch! Larry Coker went 24-1 in his 1st two years including 2 National Championship appearances and a victory over NU for the title in his 1st year. The Canes left the Big East after his 3rd year and joined the ACC where they didn’t fare as well overall. He was fired after his 6th season where he went 6-6 in the regular season but won his bowl game to finish 7-6. His overall record at Miami was 60-15 o_O Supposedly recruiting was his downfall. So far, Day hasn’t had that problem….
Coker was succeeded by Randy Shannon who was fired after 4 seasons, going 28-22 overall.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back