• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Re-naming NU coaching positions

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskerator 5000

Travel Squad
15 Year Member
Have you heard this? Stanford's OC will from now on be known as the Andrew Luck Director of Offense. Seriously.
http://tracking.si.com/2012/05/22/s...sition-renamed-for-andrew-luck/?sct=obnetwork
The University announced Tuesday that an anonymous donor has endowed the team’s Offensive Coordinator position with a “very generous giftâ€￾ – one that will see job title changed to the Andrew Luck Director of Offense.

The question for this thread is: imagine you're given $5 million to blow on donations that allow you to re-name NU's assistant football coach position titles. Which titles would you change, and to what?

Have you heard this? Stanford's OC will from now on be known as the Andrew Luck Director of Offense. Seriously.
http://tracking.si.com/2012/05/22/s...sition-renamed-for-andrew-luck/?sct=obnetwork

The question for this thread is: imagine you're given $5 million to blow on donations that allow you to re-name NU's assistant football coach position titles. Which titles would you change, and to what?

I'd change Bo Pelini's title from "Head Coach" to Defensive Coordinator.

Since Oregon is sort of my adopted team (I married a Duck alum), this gives me even more reason to hate Stanford.

They're reaching Texas-level buffoonery with this move.

And who, pray tell, to whom would you give the vacated title? Or do you just think we need two defensive coordinators?:Biggrin:

My mind immediatley jumps to a scene from the TV Comedy Big Bang Theory when after a droning retort by Sheldon, Penny asks him a question and then the rest of the cast groans because it is going to generate another droning retort!

I recall reading in the article that most of the coaching positions at Stanford are "endowed" just as all of the 85 scholarships are. This simply means that some rich person has put forth money as a gift to the school for the naming rights. This is no different than endowments for university colleges (like Economics, Physics, or Math). At SMU, where I go we have an endowed professorship for Economics (William J. O’Neil Professor of Global Markets and Freedom).

And who, pray tell, to whom would you give the vacated title? Or do you just think we need two defensive coordinators?:Biggrin:

I'm thinking that we should give the "Head Coach" title to that calm, cool, mature guy who represents his University in the most respectfull and professional manner after the games....Rex Burkhead. He can be "Most Valuable Player and Head Coach."

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back