• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

RB Gabe Ervin is 'N'

He completely commits on all his blocks, there isn't a second of hesitation. That was a pleasure to watch, thanks for pointing it out.
In high school it can be nice to have a fairly short fullback who is quick and can drive his legs. This dude shows why lol.

Last edited:

Looks like we are after Ervin’s teammate Malik Williams I think. DB from Georgia.

Nebraska is pretty far out ahead with Williams. He's close with not only Gabe Ervin, but he grew up with Myles Farmer as well. Will be intetesting to see if he commits soon or waits to take visits, like he (and 90% of kids) would prefer. Now that visits are off until at least September, it'll be intetesting what guys like Williams, Geno VanDemark and a few others do.

I know some people on this site love to crow about how "underrated" a kid is when he commits. I try to be as honest as possible. With that, I think Williams is GROSSLY underrated after looking at where Rivals (5.6) and 247 (81) have him. He's a four-star talent, no doubt.

I know of a few teams that have him on top of their DB board. Will Muschamp loves the kid, I know that for a fact. He was the 2nd 2021 CB that Texas offered back in May of last year (the other was Tony Grimes, a five-star and the #1 corner in this class). He's had Florida and Florida State offers for well over a year as well. I don't know if the COVID outbreak has effected him getting properly evaluated by the services, but they're way off with where they have him ranked.

Depending on if Jaiden François sticks it out and if Nadab Joseph indeed is the final piece of the '20 class this summer, Nebraska might only take 3 DBs in this class and I'd expect two of those spots to be earmarked for safeties. Trust me, if Malik Williams turns out to be the lone cornerback in this class, Travis Fisher, Erik Chinander and Scott Frost will be quite happy about that.

Only Husker fans would have so many comments about the fullback blocking for the tailback they have committed. Classic.

You read my mind. I was chuckling pretty hard at that too. Only Husker fans would gush all over a position that doesn’t even exist in our Current offense on the thread of a different commit. I can’t get enough of it. That’s why Nebraska fans are some of the best.

Hopin
Nebraska is pretty far out ahead with Williams. He's close with not only Gabe Ervin, but he grew up with Myles Farmer as well. Will be intetesting to see if he commits soon or waits to take visits, like he (and 90% of kids) would prefer. Now that visits are off until at least September, it'll be intetesting what guys like Williams, Geno VanDemark and a few others do.

I know some people on this site love to crow about how "underrated" a kid is when he commits. I try to be as honest as possible. With that, I think Williams is GROSSLY underrated after looking at where Rivals (5.6) and 247 (81) have him. He's a four-star talent, no doubt.

I know of a few teams that have him on top of their DB board. Will Muschamp loves the kid, I know that for a fact. He was the 2nd 2021 CB that Texas offered back in May of last year (the other was Tony Grimes, a five-star and the #1 corner in this class). He's had Florida and Florida State offers for well over a year as well. I don't know if the COVID outbreak has effected him getting properly evaluated by the services, but they're way off with where they have him ranked.

Depending on if Jaiden François sticks it out and if Nadab Joseph indeed is the final piece of the '20 class this summer, Nebraska might only take 3 DBs in this class and I'd expect two of those spots to be earmarked for safeties. Trust me, if Malik Williams turns out to be the lone cornerback in this class, Travis Fisher, Erik Chinander and Scott Frost will be quite happy about that.
Hopefully we can stay out in front for him. And I was definitely happy to hear the things that Myles Farmer was telling him about being treated well in Lincoln and being cared for by the coaches. Those kinds of things go farther in recruiting than anything else, I think. When someone you know and trust can actually speak to it, that is important.

We will see where he ranks on the commit list when he signs. That should give a pretty good evaluation of the quality in the class.

Why you are 1 of 3 posters who, when they add a remark, I immediately check to see what was said cause I know it is going to be more factual than emotional. Again, thank you for your contributions on this BBS!

Last edited:
Why you are 1 of 3 posters who, when they add a remark, I immediately check to see what was said cause I knmow it is going to be more factual than emotional. Again, thank you for your contributions on this BBS!
Even when I was a lurker I was on the edge of my seat whenever certain people posted (we probably have the same people in mind) We could count on insight and what always seemed like “Inside information”. I join in thanking you and others (I think we all know who you are) for your vital contributions

Even when I was a lurker I was on the edge of my seat whenever certain people posted (we probably have the same people in mind) We could count on insight and what always seemed like “Inside information”. I join in thanking you and others (I think we all know who you are) for your vital contributions

Prior to contributing to HuskerMax, Jeremy Pernell co-founded the all-football website N2FL.com. From 2002-2014, he served as the editor in chief of the college football portion of the website which focused heavily on talent evaluation, which included NCAA recruiting and the NFL Draft. He has analyzed and covered the NCAA and NFL for 25-years. You can email him at [email protected].

Only speculation but think he’s a silent commit, like you stated Farmer is a big reason why, having your best friend on the team helped us big time. Ervin and him, I believe have both known for a bit that Nebraska was the place for them, family approval was the only think from them committing earlier. Again just my thoughts.

1593521400044.png

Bump

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back