• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

RB by Committee or does one Emerge?

Agree. I've always felt if your RB is tearing it up in a game you let him keep doing it. When everything is in rhythm don't fix what's not broke imo. Perhaps a breather after a long run but let him do his stuff. I believe when your RB is ripping off yards the offensive line gets more agressive because they are having their way. The only RB I favor right now is the one that gets it done!
Yup, just like Burkhead! True bell cow back but Abdullah got his touches as well and became a bell cow himself

Grant seems like the home-run threat that we haven't had in some time. I think he's the one who gets the most touches. Yant's a bruiser with surprisingly good feet and decent speed and he'll get a lot of short-yardage work and to help pound the defense. Rahmir will get significant time, especially on passing downs. He's just never seemed to be the guy who breaks your back with a long TD run or who will impose his will on the pile.

I haven't seen much of Allen, but he's supposed to be a stud. Ervin, I think, will get into the rotation but I'm guessing they'll take it easy on him with that injury from last year at least at the outset?

We'll see. I don't really care . . . I just want it to work. So whatever Whip and Applewhite come up with that wins. Applpewhite got a lot out of some "mostly ok" backs at CSU, so I'm excited to see where this goes.
Imagine two handoffs to Grant for 8 yds, 3rd and 2, then Yant comes in?

Me personally, I’d like to see Yant turn into that B1G bell-cow every-down back like Mo Ibrahim, Ozigbo, etc. with Grant and Ervin as our change of pace guys. Rahmir will be more of a passing down back which ALWAYS has a place in Mark Whipple’s offense
I agree. The B1G and SEC run the big dogs at RB. Go down the rosters and the starting RBs were in the 210 -230 lbs range. Rahmir is tuff but I saw too many 1 yard stuffs at 185 lbs last year. Great third down back in this offense.

Have to move the pile and take the hits.
Wisky is a team that usually has big running backs at least over the past 20 years. Not so tall but 210 to 230 lbs which is a load to bring down. Most have had excellent speed to go with their size. Many have had good careers in the NFL proving Wisky knows how to recruit excellent talent at that position imo.

Wisky is a team that usually has big running backs at least over the past 20 years. Not so tall but 210 to 230 lbs which is a load to bring down. Most have had excellent speed to go with their size. Many have had good careers in the NFL proving Wisky knows how to recruit excellent talent at that position imo.
Lets see what Applewhite brings

Almost certainly a RB by committee. Whipple's comfortable spreading the load and letting backs do what they do best on the field - running between the tackles, catching, etc.

My guess is Rahmir's the starter - he's not best at any one thing, but he's second best at about everything.

Grant could be the most dynamic runner, and he sounds like he's the most mature/ready of the rest of the backs

Ervin has tons of potential, but I don't see why he started last year. He has to come back from injury and to show a lot of improvement IMO

Whipple has lots of options and depth, so we should have a solid set available for every game

Reports out of practice today say that Anthony Grant is making the strongest push to be the RB1. Applewhite certainly seems to be saying that he wants to have a primary back to rely upon.

Almost certainly a RB by committee. Whipple's comfortable spreading the load and letting backs do what they do best on the field - running between the tackles, catching, etc.

My guess is Rahmir's the starter - he's not best at any one thing, but he's second best at about everything.

Grant could be the most dynamic runner, and he sounds like he's the most mature/ready of the rest of the backs

Ervin has tons of potential, but I don't see why he started last year. He has to come back from injury and to show a lot of improvement IMO

Whipple has lots of options and depth, so we should have a solid set available for every game
I think it has been said that Rahmir is actually the best at pass pro and receiving out of the backfield. Sounds like a 3rd down back to me.

I agree. The B1G and SEC run the big dogs at RB. Go down the rosters and the starting RBs were in the 210 -230 lbs range. Rahmir is tuff but I saw too many 1 yard stuffs at 185 lbs last year. Great third down back in this offense.
Agreed, excited to see

Ajay Allen gets mentioned by BTN … a lot to sort out … I suspect Grant becomes RB1.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back