• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Rapid Air Fryers

Doesn't seem like there is a bunch of differences in them at any price range, we just picked up a cheap $90 at Walmart and from what I can find on the internet every bit as good as the $250 philips model. The only issue I have is the warranty sucks.

Good info, thanks. I'm kind of anxious to get my hands on one, now.

Size may or may not matter for you, the 3.4 quart seems plenty big enough for me and the wife, but if you cook for more than two or three you may want to move up to the 5qt sizes.

Day 2, We adjusted the cook times for the wings and they came out perfect, may be the best I've eaten. Worth the cost of the machine right there. Also, we had some egg rolls in the freezer that needed to be cooked up so we gave the fryer a go. They came out very nicely cooked and and tasted fine, although a little different because of the lack of oil, good anyway. Also, the wife had some pork in the freezer that she had marinated to make jerky with so we tossed it in the fryer and it came out perfect as well.
One loss on the evening were the onion rings, not a machine failure but a cook failure as we couldn't get the batter right. We have some ideas for another attempt at them so hopefully we can get that figured out.
IMG_0334.JPG

Size may or may not matter for you, the 3.4 quart seems plenty big enough for me and the wife, but if you cook for more than two or three you may want to move up to the 5qt sizes.
Don't believe the hype. Size always matters. ;)

I'll probably go with a larger one because I like to entertain. Thanks again for the info.

Day 2, We adjusted the cook times for the wings and they came out perfect, may be the best I've eaten. Worth the cost of the machine right there. Also, we had some egg rolls in the freezer that needed to be cooked up so we gave the fryer a go. They came out very nicely cooked and and tasted fine, although a little different because of the lack of oil, good anyway. Also, the wife had some pork in the freezer that she had marinated to make jerky with so we tossed it in the fryer and it came out perfect as well.
One loss on the evening were the onion rings, not a machine failure but a cook failure as we couldn't get the batter right. We have some ideas for another attempt at them so hopefully we can get that figured out.
View attachment 11485
Those look great, now I want wings. Question on the o-rings; how do you keep them separated and not congeal into a big blob if they're not floating?

Those look great, now I want wings. Question on the o-rings; how do you keep them separated and not congeal into a big blob if they're not floating?
We just put a layer on the bottom of the basket, only about 6 rings, on the first try. On the later tries we added a few on top of the first layer and they didn't seem to stick together to badly. So if you want to do a bunch of rings it may take quite a few batches. There are also racks you can buy so you can do a couple layers at a time.

We just put a layer on the bottom of the basket, only about 6 rings, on the first try. On the later tries we added a few on top of the first layer and they didn't seem to stick together to badly. So if you want to do a bunch of rings it may take quite a few batches. There are also racks you can buy so you can do a couple layers at a time.
Very cool, thanks again. I'll take a stroll around Amazon, tonight.

Just saw this thread. I have a deep fryer, but I really don't like using it, it's messy, expensive with the oil and what not. I've never considered a rapid air fryer, but now I'm intrigued. Post #2..... LMAO!!!!

Last edited:

Question on the o-rings; how do you keep them separated and not congeal into a big blob if they're not floating?

LOL. Congealed? Blob? Floating? What the hell do you DO to those people? :Eek::confused:

You're the biggest o-ring I've ever met.
I wonder if they treated his proclivity to be an enormous, flaming o-ring, as well?
This one hits home because that o-ring is my Sheriff.
I think the dude's a Tier I o-ring
he's as big an o-ring as his kid is
You have got to be kidding me. **** you, you self entitled, ignorant o-ring.
we still have an enormous amount of flaming o-ring, racists in America. They need to be gone. Now. I'll volunteer to lead one of the eradication teams. :thumbsup:

What the hell?

Do...
do you....
EAT THEM? :eek:

Last edited:

View attachment 11485
sounds great

Any one have one and should I consider buying one?
Bought the new wave 10 qt. Airfryer a month ago. I really like it. Eat alot of wings and wanted to quit deep fat frying. Was skeptical at first. But after using it a few times on wings and frenchfries, love it. Making wings again tonite. It was 170.00 at kohls but with friends and family discount plus applying for their credit card was 130.00.also had the rottissiere built in

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back