• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Rankings

It is obvious that the coaches voting understand what it means to lose your All-American setter to start the season. Let's hope she returns to action relatively soon. :thumbsup:

Sept 11
1 Minnesota (40)
2 Penn State (14)
3 Florida (10)
4 Stanford
5 Wisconsin
6 Texas
7 Washington
8 Creighton
9 Kansas
10 Nebraska

The preseason darlings Texas and Stanford have both lost 2 matches

Sept 11
1 Minnesota (40)
2 Penn State (14)
3 Florida (10)
4 Stanford
5 Wisconsin
6 Texas
7 Washington
8 Creighton
9 Kansas
10 Nebraska

The preseason darlings Texas and Stanford have both lost 2 matches
Rankings are pretty much irrelevant to a team like Nebraska. Sure, it strokes a Husker fans ego when we are ranked really high but lets face it, Nebraska and a few other teams have a chance to win the tournament whether they are a 1 or even 4 seed. Those teams just have to be playing their best ball late in the season.

On a side note, I didn't realize that Creighton was such a highly ranked team. Should be a great match for the state of Nebraska.

Last edited:
Rankings are pretty much irrelevant to a team like Nebraska. Sure, it strokes a Husker fans ego when we are ranked really high but lets face it, Nebraska and a few other teams have a chance to win the tournament whether they are a 1 or even 4 seed. Those teams just have to be playing their best ball late in the season.

On a side note, I didn't realize that Creighton was such a highly ranked team. Should be a great match for the state of Nebraska.

Nebraska doesn't play Creighton in volleyball this year unless it would take place in the tournament.

Last edited:
Really? For some reason I thought all of the big sports played every year.

I just checked huskers.com and the vb schedule doesn't have Creighton on it.

John Cook stated there were scheduling issues trying to find dates to play this season.

I believe they are playing next year.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back