• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ranking CFB NC from last 50 years

The ACC channel just had a replay of Georgia Tech beating Nebraksa to win the 1991 title.
The Bobby Ross team scored the most points Osbourne had ever given up in a bowl game.
I don't see how you could have a top ten of anything that didn't include that Rambling Wreck team.

The ACC channel just had a replay of Georgia Tech beating Nebraksa to win the 1991 title.
The Bobby Ross team scored the most points Osbourne had ever given up in a bowl game.
I don't see how you could have a top ten of anything that didn't include that Rambling Wreck team.
I was too young to watch that GT squad, but they ever struck me as anything special. I do think they deserved the whole title, over the Colorado team (the fifth down, plus the questionable penalty in the Orange Bowl?), but that was a really weird year without any great teams. GT had the tie, and barely won 3 other games (yes, Virginia was ranked #1 at the time, but that VU team finished with 4 losses). GT ran it up against us in the Citrus Bowl, but that 1990 squad folded after Mickey Joseph went down against Oklahoma. By the end of the year it was probably Dr. Tom's worst team.

Say what????

I don’t know if I agree with it but many and I mean many claim that 2001 Miami was the best team ever. They did not dominate over every opponent like the 95 huskers did but they were as talented as any team I have ever seen on one field.
I bet they had to recruit from the top ten prisons to get all those convicts together.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back