• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ranking CFB NC from last 50 years

No team in the 80s or 90s could beat the best teams now. The athletes are so much better now, bigger, stronger faster, and it is an entirely different game they are playing. The smash mouth game the good teams like ours excelled in would simply result in penalty after penalty now, and by the end of our run, teams were already starting to defend against some of our best offensive formations and plays.

But it is a good analysis of the teams based on a comparison of how much better those teams were compared with teams of a decade before them and a few years after them. Because we clobbered Florida, most NU supporters think the 95 team was the best of the NU teams. But as I recall many of our coaches who were around for both periods thought both the 70 and 71 teams were the best.

He also says 2001 Miami is ‘widely’ regarded as, best team ever? Bull crap. I’ve heard a few clowns say that, but far from widely. They were lucky to have beaten Virginia Tech during the season.
I don’t know if I agree with it but many and I mean many claim that 2001 Miami was the best team ever. They did not dominate over every opponent like the 95 huskers did but they were as talented as any team I have ever seen on one field.

Acording to this chart they had 17 first round draft picks. Really? 38 total picks? Really? I think those saying they were an awfully good team have a good starting point in the quality of their players, at least as seen by the NFL

I don’t know if I agree with it but many and I mean many claim that 2001 Miami was the best team ever. They did not dominate over every opponent like the 95 huskers did but they were as talented as any team I have ever seen on one field.
Talented and T E A M are vastly different. Sure, they had a bunch of pros, but were talking about college football. Doesn’t matter what happens in the pros, it’s irrelevant and has nothing to do with college. FTR, 1995 NU had a bunch of pros on it also, even though it matters not. 1995 Nebraska would have dominated that Miami bunch, because it was the best ever T E A M.

Interesting ranking of your Huskers!

giphy-1-2.gif

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back