• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Randy Gregory failed another one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to wonder if earlier intervention might have helped him instead of encouraging/enabling his use.

I won't trash the guy, it's an obviously stupid thing to continue to use when you have a problem, but MJ has his number for whatever reason and quitting an addiction is hard under the best of circumstances. Good luck Randy, hope you get the help and support you need to overcome.

Some drugs are stronger than the people that take them. Unless there are underlying issues, no person should be that dependent on THC......
NO Excuses! For millions of dollars, I would not have a problem. Weed is a social drug for most......I am sure he has a few "friends" that are not smart enough to look out for his best interests.

Seems Josh Gordon would be in the same boat. This isn't a problem that only RG has.

I'll just never understand how people can kill the golden goose like that . . . good grief.

Not that he's anywhere near Von Miller, but I suppose you could look at it as not being totally impossible to screw up royally like this and come out smelling like a rose down the road. Miller couldn't get his head on straight when he first came to Denver and went through his suspensions and all that. Just became the highest paid defensive player.

Sadly, I think RG just won't get it and will throw it all away . . . but maybe, just maybe, he'll wake up.

At a time when Husker fans everywhere are mourning the death of Sam Foltz and celebrating his passion for football and for life, Randy Gregory seems more than ever to represent the antithesis of the values that Sam so clearly stood for.

WEED???!!!!!!!
bosomad.gif

Sadly, we may be somewhat culpable here.

That isn't that easy to determine. Having dealt with one of my kids and drug addiction there is much more to it. First the person needs to want to change and to do that they need to change everything around them. especially their so called friends and future friends that fit the same profile. Drug addiction is mean, real and ruthless. it can be beat but there are so many surrounding circumstances that contribute. Randy had the best chance of almost anyone in that position to overcome it but obviously chose not to. Did dear old NU let him down? probably to some extent but if Randy worked as hard at overcoming his addiction as he did at being a football player he would have freed himself from his demons. impo

More of a problem with marijuana being illegal. The man can go get hammered as often as he likes with no suspensions. Soon enough guys like him won't need to worry about something as stupid as marijuana testing.

More of a problem with marijuana being illegal. The man can go get hammered as often as he likes with no suspensions. Soon enough guys like him won't need to worry about something as stupid as marijuana testing.

you are so misguided it is almost impossible to describe. he had millions of dollars at stake and still couldn't avoid the temptation. stupid marijuana testing had nothing to do with it his misguided judgement and ability to control his problems caused this.

you are so misguided it is almost impossible to describe. he had millions of dollars at stake and still couldn't avoid the temptation. stupid marijuana testing had nothing to do with it his misguided judgement and ability to control his problems caused this.
Maybe you should go have a talk with him under a tree.

His judgement was poor. But marijuana being illegal is moronic when they are allowed to abuse alcohol.

Maybe you should go have a talk with him under a tree.

His judgement was poor. But marijuana being illegal is moronic when they are allowed to abuse alcohol.

just the response i expected from someone like you. it is called a rule to abide by and if you break the rule regardless of what someone like you thinks there are consequences. so you go sit under your tree and blow smoke.

just the response i expected from someone like you. it is called a rule to abide by and if you break the rule regardless of what someone like you thinks there are consequences. so you go sit under your tree and blow smoke.
That's why I said he was foolish. That doesn't change the fact that the rule is stupid or that marijuana being illegal is also stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back