• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ranch Chicken

4evrHusker

All Big 10
15 Year Member
Ok guys, here is a recipe that is almost fool-proof.....almost... :Biggrin: :Biggrin: :Biggrin:

1. Chicken Thighs - Bone-in or Boneless
2. Package of powder Ranch Dressing
3. Gallon Ziploc bag

Place #1 & #2 in #3, close bag securely, and massage the dressing into the chicken. I usually let it set in the fridge overnight, massaging the chicken a couple times, and turning the bag over. Take out and bake at 375 until done.

I usually use at least 2 packages for a small package of boneless thighs. I use four packages when cooking the big package of thighs on the bone with skin.

Last edited:

A marginally interesting story that may have at least a partially happy ending thanks to this recipe . . .

My wife doesn't shop for groceries well. I don't understand what's so difficult about this, but she will invariably buy the wrong thing pretty much every time unless I specify amount, brand, price, etc. Since I'm fairly busy during the week I don't have a lot of time to get to the store and she normally does it, though I do most of the cooking. Often, it's an adventure. The other day she was running to the store and, without thinking, said, "grab some chicken thighs". I had a recipe in mind and needed bone-in thighs with skin. Obviously, my wife came home with boneless and skinless. At least they were thighs . . .

We also have a ridiculous number of powdered ranch envelopes (thanks to another shopping foul-up), so this seems just the ticket!

Last edited:
A marginally interesting story that may have at least a partially happy ending thanks to this recipe . . .

My wife doesn't shop for groceries well. I don't understand what's so difficult about this, but she will invariably buy the wrong thing pretty much every time unless I specify amount, brand, price, etc. Since I'm fairly busy during the week I don't have a lot of time to get to the store and she normally does it, though I do most of the cooking. Often, it's an adventure. The other day she was running to the store and, without thinking, said, "grab some chicken thighs". I had a recipe in mind and needed bone-in thighs with skin. Obviously, my wife came home with boneless and skinless. At least they were thighs . . .

We also have a ridiculous number of powdered ranch envelopes (thanks to another shopping foul-up), so this seems just the ticket!

Glad to help!

Tried this, but with chicken breasts. Chicken turned out great, nice flavor..........and the best part was that it is super quick, easy and no mess to clean up! Definitely something I'm going to work into the rotation given the quickness and ease of the preparation/clean up.

Thanks for sharing.

I marinate a lot of the meat I cook in plastic storage bags for that main reason, ease of clean up. Another good tip is to put the bag or bags that you are marinating meat in, into a larger pan or bowl. I do this in case the bag has or gets a hole in it. Keeps the mess contained, not all over the shelf in the refrigerator.

bake at 375 for 40 minutes?

That's what I did . . . really just kept an eye on it until the edges of the chicken started darkening, but that was the temp and approximate time. Didn't turn them over mid-bake, just let 'em go. Since I used boneless thighs, there was enough fat to provide some juice.

That's what I did . . . really just kept an eye on it until the edges of the chicken started darkening, but that was the temp and approximate time. Didn't turn them over mid-bake, just let 'em go. Since I used boneless thighs, there was enough fat to provide some juice.

thanks! I'll try it this weekend and let y'all know how it goes...and seems it's almost fool-proof LOL....

*Update*

I have started using this chicken in Caesar Salads instead of just serving this with rice & steamed veggies. This adds a great layer of taste & flavor to the salad, probably any salad it is added to for protein. :Biggrin: :Biggrin: :Biggrin:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back