• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Raiola's Amazing Football IQ

Very confident and talented young man. Every player has a transition to college from HS, but his leap isn't as high for sure. He is very calm and doesn't get rattled as well, can't wait to see him excel here.

I don't care how talented you are, it is an adjustment going from high school to B1G football. While I would like to see him play as soon as he is able, I don't think we can assume that he can be the starter day 1 as a true freshman. That is very unusual for a quarterback, even an exceptionally gifted one.

Last edited:

I don't care how talented you are, it is an adjustment going from high school to B1G football. While I would like to see him play as soon as he is able, I don't think we can assume that he can be the starter day 1 as a true freshman. That is very unusual for a quarterback, even an exceptionally gifted one.
Exactly. Some here have elevated the young man to the second coming of Tommy Frazier before he has even taken a snap In practice let alone a game. Let’s not set the bar so high that no one could meet it.

AM did it with good success. And that was after not playing his senior HS season. Think DR is better than AM, had great success his senior year, think he'll do well, but will obviously have growing pains. Let's hope theRB, WR and OL make strides next year to help him out.

AM did it with good success. And that was after not playing his senior HS season. Think DR is better than AM, had great success his senior year, think he'll do well, but will obviously have growing pains. Let's hope theRB, WR and OL make strides next year to help him out.
Yep, I can only hope that the OL will be able to give him the time to find an open receiver., and that the WR's will grow enough to run proper routes and catch his well timed passes.

OK have some issues with some posts here.
Of course it is an adjustment. This however is one of those platitudes people throw out to make themself sound knowledgeable. This is the highest rated QB we have ever had out of high school. The fact that he will be here for spring makes a huge difference. Here is an article about guys starting as true freshmen. https://www.yardbarker.com/college_...freshman_qbs_of_all_time/s1__27344096#slide_1 Notice a majority are post 2000. There is a reason for that. Training methods and high school football in general have changed. Much like the Mannings, this kid grew up learning to play QB from NFL QBs. His technique is already better than any 4 year starter we have ever had. GA is one of the toughest states to play HS football in. He moved there and thrived. 35 Touchdowns 1 INT. Find me ANY other QB that has put together a season like that in HS.
Exactly. Some here have elevated the young man to the second coming of Tommy Frazier before he has even taken a snap In practice let alone a game. Let’s not set the bar so high that no one could meet it.
You mean TFraz that started as a true freshman? Not sure how comparing to him bolsters your case? He started and was successful as a Frosh. Also I do not believe TFraz was here for the spring game. If he was he might well have started game 1.
Yep, I can only hope that the OL will be able to give him the time to find an open receiver., and that the WR's will grow enough to run proper routes and catch his well timed passes.
Our true freshmen showed at the end of the season that A, they can get open and, b, they can catch well thrown passes. The problem was we had no QBs who could regularly throw an accurate long ball last year. Additionally people are always quick to blame the OL. Two things from last year. NO ONE was afraid of our QBs throwing the deep ball accurately. So they crowded the line. Nine guys in the box make it tough to run. Also very easy to blitz. QBs need to learn not only how to run but how to move in the pocket. If you watch DR's highlights. You will find that he moves well in the pocket and he throws dimes down the field. Teams will be forced to back off the line in order to prevent the accurate deep balls.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back