• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Rachael Ray's "Late Night Bacon"

Red Dead Redemption

Baba Yaga
10 Year Member
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/late-night-bacon-recipe/index.html

enhanced-buzz-20343-1352173198-3.jpg

I usually turn the bacon over 1/2 way through with non metal tongs to "even out" the cooking...

my question is....how does she keep her prep time so low...I usually spend at least 20-30 minutes looking for the bacon when it is late at night...:Biggrin:

Last edited:
What got me to open this thread is that I started curing my own bacon. The hardest part is finding someone that will sell you a pork belly. Once you get one, soak in a brine of a cup tender quick, cup brown sugar and 2 qt of water for about 5 days. Rinse and soak in cool water for an hour( if you don't it will be real salty). Smoke at 135* for a couple hours. Refrigerate overnight. Slice and you have bacon,you will never buy store bought again. For you deer hunters, do the same thing to a deer roast, double the soak time, smoke to a full 155* and you have deer that taste like ham.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back