• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Questionnaire

I’ve been trying to get the page to load for 5 min. Did the site crash?

Sorry folks I didn’t have the time to screen grab them all. The hosting service they used for the survey was absolute trash. I was really just trying to power through it towards the end there.
That was seriously the worst survey site I've ever experienced. It felt like I had been transported 25 years back in time to unreliable dial-up internet.

About a decade or more ago there was an article about the bench seat spacing in Memorial stadium. At that time there was about 18" of seat space allocated per ticket in bench seating areas.

18 inches!!!!

Anyone who has been to a game or wandered around Lincoln knows that 18 inches is not much space for the average person in Nebraska. Even guys like myself who have managed to stay at my 180 lb, 6' college frame, 18 inches is not much space.

Forget about the 250 lb, 6'4" farm boy from Mead or Grandma Kolache from Dwight squeezing into 18 inches.

Perhaps they increased the butt space when they expanded. If not, that should be the first order of businesses is creating more butt space per ticket.

This will reduce overall capacity, which may be need to keep the sell out streak going if UNL football continues to choke on corn cobs.

Serving alcohol at Memorial Stadium is a liability nightmare that UNL should continue to avoid at all costs, IMO.

About a decade or more ago there was an article about the bench seat spacing in Memorial stadium. At that time there was about 18" of seat space allocated per ticket in bench seating areas.

18 inches!!!!

Anyone who has been to a game or wandered around Lincoln knows that 18 inches is not much space for the average person in Nebraska. Even guys like myself who have managed to stay at my 180 lb, 6' college frame, 18 inches is not much space.

Forget about the 250 lb, 6'4" farm boy from Mead or Grandma Kolache from Dwight squeezing into 18 inches.

Perhaps they increased the butt space when they expanded. If not, that should be the first order of businesses is creating more butt space per ticket.

This will reduce overall capacity, which may be need to keep the sell out streak going if UNL football continues to choke on corn cobs.

Serving alcohol at Memorial Stadium is a liability nightmare that UNL should continue to avoid at all costs, IMO.
There's minimum space between rows too. Knees are always cramped.

These surveys are always hard to construct to really get at a statistically significant value-add points of view. Overall, whoever constructed the questions did a really good job of hitting a lot of different themes/agendas and also gave opportunity to type "reasoning" in some cases. I felt like they tried to address most aspects of game day experience as well as brainstorming/testing the waters on physical improvements and game day processes. It's great to see Trev challenging and questioning the status quo on fan views of game day experience and what is most important to the majority and how to allocate funds for improvement. A+ Trev Alberts

Have to agree on spacing in the bench areas. When you buy the padded cushion with backrest, and those in front of you do the same, there is literally not enough space between your own backrest and the one in front of you for you to sit without your knees pressing into the one in front of you. You literally can't move any farther back, and their knees are probably jammed so they literally can't move forward. So, you all end up sitting at an angle or manspreading, either way your knees end up violating one or both of your neighbors' 18" of allotted personal space, and they're also already dealing with the same spacing issues as you. It's not great.

Hence, lots of standing.

Last edited:

Seating, Seating, Seating.

Not enough room to sit, and god forbid if someone wants to go to the bathroom. You literally have to step on people to get to the isle. Add liquor sales and people will be peeing in the stands because they can't get out.

Ole Memorial is a dump. They are better off to raze it and build a new state-of-the-art stadium that you can actually enjoy a game in that seats about 65k. If Minny can do it, and ASU can do it, and TCU can do it, so can NU. Although, maybe we need to save all the money we can for unannounced coaches pay increases?

Funny, some of you guys complain (and I am not disputing it) I said I loved going and aside from and uncomfortable seat, I had no issues.

I just love being there.

I was just offering my suggestions for what could be improved. I still loved going to the games.

Last edited:

I was just offering my suggestions fort what could be improved. I still loved going to the games.
and you are not wrong, I figured about the time I tell them something they are going to send me an email and ask how much I am willing to give, so I figured if I tell them I am happy with everything they won't ask me for money. Not sure that will work, but that is my plan. ;)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back