• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Question to those that follow MBB - CU Buffs

OPHusker

Junior Varsity
20 Year Member
I pay more attention mainly during conference and NCAA tournaments, but am curious as to how has Colorado built its MBB program at least to a place where they annually contend for a NCAA spot?

They have an apathetic administration towards athletics and while occasionally competitive they routinely struggled back in the Big 8 and Big 12 days.

Just curious, until today I couldn’t have named their head coach.

They've got a good coach and he's been there over ten years now, I think. Continuity is a good thing.

Boyle is a Colorado guy, has the in state connections and usually gets the better in state kids. Colorado has more in state basketball talent than we do, partially due to population and he only really needs one or two solid players every year to keep the thing going. That's the beauty of basketball is the roster is small enough you only really need a handful of very good players to make a huge difference. They've got nine Colorado kids on the roster this season and that certainly helps.

They've got a good coach and he's been there over ten years now, I think. Continuity is a good thing.

Boyle is a Colorado guy, has the in state connections and usually gets the better in state kids. Colorado has more in state basketball talent than we do, partially due to population and he only really needs one or two solid players every year to keep the thing going. That's the beauty of basketball is the roster is small enough you only really need a handful of very good players to make a huge difference. They've got nine Colorado kids on the roster this season and that certainly helps.
Boyle is a good coach who learned from some even better coaches. My cousin played for him and it helped set him up for a nice pro career.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back