• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Question that never had an answer that I saw

I mean there is no "team" in Nebraska. Not even an "Us", or "We". Huskers does have an "Us"

It just seemed like an abrupt ending to the idea. Not sure "team" was the issue. But maybe it was. Just take the names off the jerseys while we are at it. Figured something happened to cause it.

I mean there is no "team" in Nebraska. Not even an "Us", or "We". Huskers does have an "Us"

It just seemed like an abrupt ending to the idea. Not sure "team" was the issue. But maybe it was. Just take the names off the jerseys while we are at it. Figured something happened to cause it.
Maybe I'm just dreaming this, but I think I recall some rumor to that effect. Kinda like the scene from "Miracle". The area codes conflicted with "I play for Nebraska."

I can buy that. I guess I thought it was a cool idea being able to show where you are from. Was just a curiosity on my side.

I don't know. I just threw that out there.

I'm only speculating, but if I was a leader trying to do a reset I might change some small, non-essential things like that just to create a refreshed mindset, even if there was nothing wrong with the idea in the first place.

Or maybe some decals fell off and they couldn't get replacements in the same font so they said screw it.

I don't think there was ever an actual answer. Suspect that it was a cute idea . . . when you're winning. Not so much when you are losing and maybe worried about individualism vs team.

Well for this past Saturday’s game against Northern Illinois, the area codes were taken away. The Huskers won the game 44-8. But on Monday, Frost said to the media that he took the area codes away for that game.

An exchange ensued between him and reporters:

Frost: I took the area codes off for that game.

Reporter: Why did you decide to take them off?

Frost: I don’t know, I took the area codes off for that game.

Reporter: Was it a statement to the team that it’s not about you?

Frost: No, I just kind of made the decision to take them off.

Reporter: Will they be back this week?

Frost: Probably not this week.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back