• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Quarantine Hobbies

Pops, what do you do for your chickens when the temps get really high? I worry that when we get into July and August that we will have problems.
We have a area in the shade with a mixture of sand and loose dirt... Like this weekend mid 90 s. wet it down where they can do their dirt baths Most times they will use that or huddle under a section of bushes around our rest and we plug in fan
This is my wife’s project... i just eat the eggs

Pops, what do you do for your chickens when the temps get really high? I worry that when we get into July and August that we will have problems.

We have chickens on our acreage and when it's at its hottest, they always set up underneath some low branches (bushes) where there's a breeze. I know that's not quite the same thing when you're raising them in town, but plenty of access to water and shade should get them through.

Beetles are the most abundant of all living things in the world

Estimated at 4 quintillion
(4,000,000,000,000,000,000 )
My guess flies are more than beetles

5cf0a23420e9020efd0f3d5a5ddbd1bfdd7b2f54.jpg

2793.jpg

Our punk rockers

Charcoal
FF79E317-0939-4FDD-B89F-CF9260708424.jpeg

Ai Thea Song (bad Thai spelling translation for Grey Two) named after a chicken the wife had as a child.
85FD9061-56F5-46BD-9269-C9E963206C1C.jpeg

We have all seen the birds. What about the bees?

Technically I ordered the bees in February before the pandemic but the Italian queen and her 8-10,000 homies came in April so it ended up being a pandemic hobby. I built the hive boxes during the pandemic.

Yes, I took a sawzall to my back fence. We just had it installed 2 years ago. My wife was/is pissed. Guys Rok!

bees.jpg

Our punk rockers

Charcoal
View attachment 46810
Ai Thea Song (bad Thai spelling translation for Grey Two) named after a chicken the wife had as a child.
View attachment 46811
Garlic, onion powder, cayenne, and a nice beer batter, and then a nice hot sauce to spice them chicks up. Extra crispy. Gotta be extra crispy man... Also, you can use the feathers to make yourself a butthurt pillow.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back