• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

QBs from the Transfer Portal?

SWVAHusker

Starter
20 Year Member
Does anybody have any insight on whether Frost attempted to sign a QB from the transfer portal? I'd feel somewhat better about the complete lack of experience behind Martinez if Frost at least tried to sign a transfer QB and just failed.

AM will not be back next year. Not because he will be "run off" but because he feels he has been there long enough. He wants to move on to whatever it is he wants to do.
Not questioning what you've heard, but is this something that came from AMs mouth? Or just a gut feeling?

Thanks!

I read a number of times that Frost said no, was happy with what he had.

That's inexcusable. Suppose Nebraska started off the season well, and even somehow managed a miracle at Oklahoma? (Stranger things have happened.) Win at OU and you're ranked for the first time in forever and potentially on the way toward a special season. If Martinez gets injured you're gonna turn the offense over to a redshirt or true freshman or a sophomore former walk-on?

That's just inexcusable by Frost.

That's inexcusable. Suppose Nebraska started off the season well, and even somehow managed a miracle at Oklahoma? (Stranger things have happened.) Win at OU and you're ranked for the first time in forever and potentially on the way toward a special season. If Martinez gets injured you're gonna turn the offense over to a redshirt or true freshman or a sophomore former walk-on?

That's just inexcusable by Frost.
What were the options you saw that were better? Keeping in mind the player would have known they were likely behind AM, and have played in a similar system. If they weren’t comfortable with those key components, then they wouldn’t be a step up from a kid who’s been 2 years in the system and familiar with the personnel. If you can point to a guy who met those qualifications, then I’d hope you’d share them.

What were the options you saw that were better? Keeping in mind the player would have known they were likely behind AM, and have played in a similar system. If they weren’t comfortable with those key components, then they wouldn’t be a step up from a kid who’s been 2 years in the system and familiar with the personnel. If you can point to a guy who met those qualifications, then I’d hope you’d share them.
Rumor has it a QB SF was quite familiar with is looking pretty damn good at Florida State right now. That's 1.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back