• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

QB William "Pop" Watson Flips To VA Tech

Russell Wilson, Kyler Murray and Drew Brees can relate :)
The stuff I’ve seen is he is 6’1”. That’s taller than all of those guys, especially Murray. Someone mentioned he reminds of Murray? If so, he’d need to be really fast and elusive, in fact, most times, fastest man on the field.

I think he likely will have to show hes a leader without some 5 star appeal preceding him.
I think his contacts will be looking at his progress/abilities but wanting to play with him vs be around a 5 star
Underst
The stuff I’ve seen is he is 6’1”. That’s taller than all of those guys, especially Murray. Someone mentioned he reminds of Murray? If so, he’d need to be really fast and elusive, in fact, most times, fastest man on the field.
Dude
This guy is a Stud if we can figure out how to use him, needs refinement his throws but with have the luxury of being able learn that, by yr 3or 4 he could be a beast

I've seen 6' 170. Not a big dude for sure. AM was a lot bigger and got injured every year, and he was fast too. Hope he has a late growth spurt and keeps his speed. GBR.

Underst

Dude

This guy is a Stud if we can figure out how to use him, needs refinement his throws but with have the luxury of being able learn that, by yr 3or 4 he could be a beast
Not many QB's become a 'beast' in their 4th year, especially these portal days. You either show what you have by the second year or you move on. I expect to see at least one if not two of our QB's to move on after spring ball.

Last edited:
Russell Wilson, Kyler Murray and Drew Brees can relate :)
Those three can throw a deep ball. 5'10 1/2 170 isn't going to cut it in B1G. Hope he proves me wrong.

This isn't Frankie London running behind the pipeline. Same for the kid from Kansas we offered. This isn't UCF.

Last edited:
Those three can throw a deep ball. 5'10 1/2 170 isn't going to cut it in B1G. Hope he proves me wrong.

Whipple likes him for a reason and has known him since he was 12

That's good enough to me based on his success with QBs over the years

Underst

Dude

QB’s aren’t staying 3-4 years if they aren’t playing. Into the portal. We’re fixing to see some more of it.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back