• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

QB William "Pop" Watson Flips To VA Tech

Oh, I'm not worried about the stars or ratings. I was just commenting on the fact that it might be a little low and may very well go up.

The only reason it might matter at all is that the QB is usually the prime peer recruiter, and sometimes we hear that other players want to go and play with a "big time" leader. His rating may make a slight difference to players who may have that mindset. But like I said, I'm not worried about it. I am happy he committed.
:Huskerflag:

Stars do not necessarily make a great leader as we both know

There are to many examples of that

Zac Taylor is an e ample of a 3* who was a great leader as we know

Whipple wanted him and has known him since sixth grade which speaks volumes

I know, I am just talking about whether or not his rating may have a very small impact on peer recruiting. And I'm not worried about it, just commenting that unfortunately some potential recruits may look at the rating of a class QB to help decide if that is someone that they really want to commit to play with when they have options to go and play with a higher rated QB. Of course that is foolish, but we are dealing with 18 year old kids. ;)

But let me repeat so I am not misunderstood.....I am very happy about this commitment!

I know, I am just talking about whether or not his rating may have a very small impact on peer recruiting. And I'm not worried about it, just commenting that unfortunately some potential recruits may look at the rating of a class QB to help decide if that is someone that they really want to commit to play with when they have options to go and play with a higher rated QB. Of course that is foolish, but we are dealing with 18 year old kids. ;)

But let me repeat so I am not misunderstood.....I am very happy about this commitment!

Gotcha and understand

See this:

Watching his highlight film on Hudl I really like this kid. He can throw on the move or in the pocket(and he looks comfortable there). It looks like he’s got good to excellent vision and good and quick decision making skills. Something that’s been… *sigh* lacking on the team for let’s just say the last four years.

I’d say he has a decent chance of getting a fourth * eventually.

1645580714111.png

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back